Search Unity

Resolved Occlusion functionality having issues?

Discussion in 'VR' started by Immersive-Matthew, Oct 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Immersive-Matthew

Immersive-Matthew

Is anyone here an Occlusion guru? I have occlusion working well enough but objects far away and behind many layers of solid (no holes) static objects seem to be rendering and I cannot for the life of me figure out why. Everything you see in my scene is static less the NPCs moving about, yet the Asian style buildings in the top right corner of the scene view render. Why? You can clearly see in the game view, and from the birds eye view in the scene that they are totally occluded and should absolutely not be rendering. I have more than tripled checked everything and even made static walls very thick and tall to no avail. Why is that top right area rendering? The larger of the 2 Asian buildings is even more surprising as it is so far away yet is flickers on and off. It is because of the distance from the camera and thus outside of the cameras yellow volume occlusion box? I see no way to make that yellow box bigger and yes I have played extensively with Smallest Occluder, Smallest Hole and the Backface Threshold values and no matter what those buildings render to a more or less degree but always render. I understand that Umbra is conservative, but this seems broken not conservative. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

I am on 2020.1.7f1 and am developing for the Oculus Quest.

Short Video of the Issue:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1k7xfUSJlubju2A16aA66gzZDSOOXzRyC/view?usp=sharing

2. Shaunyowns

Shaunyowns

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.