Search Unity

Question Occlusion draw items out of the house

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by IndieFist, May 10, 2022.

1. IndieFist

IndieFist

Im trying to improve performance, but there is so many places where the visibility lines from Occlusion show the system drawing items that i cannot see.
    The player is inside the house but still drawing the car for example, the same problem, when im in the other side of the house and is drawin the garden.
    what can i do for this?

Attached Files:

2. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

Yeah, I don't know, Unity's implementation of Umbra has been super finnicky for me.

I think they had problems with it hiding things when they were in view, and I remember them struggling a lot with the implementation (they re-wrote it like 2-3 times if I remember correctly), so when they landed on it doing something kinda positive, without many obvious negatives they just froze the implementation and they haven't really touched it for 5~ years.

So yeah, I don't have any great advice. Try to massage the settings and try again. You can also try adding an editor only mesh as an occluder to make occlusion "stronger" (although I don't see obvious places for it, judging from your screenshots, maybe another wall inside the wall?). Other than that, Unity's built in occlusion culling is just kinda "eh".

IndieFist likes this.
  3. IndieFist

IndieFist

Yes, sometime i have to add "cube" primitive figures with box colliders in some places to avoid occlusion to see through some walls that use mesh collider and i dont understand why this green line goes through my wall.
    also i apologies about my english :p