Search Unity

Obtaining BuildTargetGroup from activeBuildTarget

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Lohoris2, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Lohoris2

Lohoris2

I'm using EditorUserBuildSettings.SwitchActiveBuildTarget(BuildTarget), and now I've got a warning claiming it's obsolete, suggesting to use SwitchActiveBuildTarget(BuildTargetGroup,BuildTarget) instead.

I'm getting the BuildTarget from EditorUserBuildSettings.activeBuildTarget, and I haven't found a way to get the active BuildTargetGroup instead, so I have no way to prevent this warning (save disabling it with pragma, of course).

Furthermore, the new overload of this method is undocumented: the documentation only list the original one, marked as obsolete, with no replacement.

Is there the possibility to get the active BuildTargetGroup, or at least will it be added before completely removing the original method?

2. zaniocz

zaniocz

Hi Lohoris2,

I suspect that this is happening to you in 5.6.0f3 onwards.
    The warning was created with the addition of the facebook platform since you need to specify BuildTargetGroup.Facebook and BuildTarget.StandaloneWindows to switch to Facebook properly, you can prevent this warning specifying the same target in BuildTargetGroup and BuildTarget, for example, to switch to android you can do:
    EditorUserBuildSettings.SwitchActiveBuildTarget (BuildTargetGroup.Android, BuildTarget.Android);
    but for facebook you should specify:
    UnityEditor.EditorUserBuildSettings.SwitchActiveBuildTarget(BuildTargetGroup.Facebook, BuildTarget.StandaloneWindows);

3. Lohoris2

Lohoris2

I understand that, however this doesn't help at all, unfortunately.

As I said:

4. zaniocz

zaniocz

"...Is there the possibility to get the active BuildTargetGroup..."

I think what you need to get the active BuildTargetGroup is the selectedBuildTargetGroup method:
    string BuildTargetGroupSelected = EditorUserBuildSettings.selectedBuildTargetGroup.ToString ();

5. Astiolo

Astiolo

That works most of the time but unfortunately it's not always correct. With my script it just doesn't work when the selected group isn't set to match the active active build target. So I have to remember to make sure they match, it would be much nicer to be able to just get the currently active group. Maybe it's a Unity bug that they don't match sometimes but either way it's a bit of a pain.

6. Garrafote

Garrafote

Hi,

You can use BuildPipeline.GetBuildTargetGroup:

var target = EditorUserBuildSettings.activeBuildTarget;
    var group = BuildPipeline.GetBuildTargetGroup(target);

kloot, perholmes, Pitou22 and 15 others like this.
  7. Jean-Fabre

Jean-Fabre

Thanks for this this, this is much better than trying to maintain a list over time of all the messy changes of the enum :)

Bye,

Jean

bmccowan and Garrafote like this.
  8. huulong

huulong

kloot and Pitou22 like this.