Search Unity

Objects with shader animations stop animating in sceneview when mouse enters inspector window

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by pastaluego, Oct 25, 2019.

1. pastaluego

pastaluego

Currently updated to 2019.2.10f1, but has been happening since at least 2019.2.2f1

I assume Sceneview is just not updating when it should be for some reason.

In previous unity versions I could modify material properties to view how they affected the shader's animation of the object.

Now in order for a renderer's material animation to update in sceneview, I need to make sure its material component is expanded, click on the object in sceneview, click off the object, then click back on the object for the render to update constantly. But then if my mouse moves over the inspector window, it stops animation (sceneview stops updating?) until I repeat the above steps. Even happens with "Toggle skybox, fog, and various other effects" enabled in sceneview.

Problem is happening across multiple completely unrelated projects, but new ones seem to work fine at the moment. Not sure what that implies.

Not sure if this is a bug on Unity's end or something I somehow did on my end since it had been fine for me since 2015. I looked for any mention of a similar issue of recent updates but couldn't find any.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2019