Search Unity

Objects reactivating

Discussion in 'Timeline' started by EllieSaysRawr, Jul 31, 2017.

1. EllieSaysRawr

EllieSaysRawr

Hello all, I'm using timeline and part of the sequence is activating a particle system for a short amount of time which works fine but when the timeline sequence is finished the particle system reactivates this.

Anyone have any solutions
    (sorry if my explanation wasn't very good)

2. thierry_unity

thierry_unity

Hi @EllieSaysRawr
    Your explanation seems very clear to me and looks a lot like an issue we have logged here (bug ID 876034 for future reference).
    I have a couple of questions just to verify that it's actually the same issue.
    1- Is your timeline wrap mode is set to None?
    2- How do you activate your particles? do you use activation tracks to enable and disable an object?

thanks!

3. EllieSaysRawr

EllieSaysRawr

Thanks for the fast response!

timeline wrap mode is set to None and the particles are activated using an activation track on the particle system game object directly :)

Thanks

4. thierry_unity

thierry_unity

So this is exactly the same issue we have logged. Changing the wrap mode to hold seem to fix the problem for now.

5. EllieSaysRawr

EllieSaysRawr

Thanks for the help this makes my project much more manageable :)

thierry_unity likes this.
  6. Carwashh

Carwashh

I've just come across this issue too, setting the wrap mode to hold didn't change anything for me. I dragged the activation clip to end at the end of the timeline, this ended up giving me a duration of 4.99999999999867 for that clip, if it's left like this the particle system restarts when the end of the timeline is reached.

Changing the duration to a full value (5) fixes the issue -> Hold wasn't required.

thierry_unity likes this.