Search Unity

Question Objects not receiving shadows when using shader

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by BL4CK0UT1906, Nov 16, 2022.

1. BL4CK0UT1906

BL4CK0UT1906

Hi, sorry for my english and also sorry if i'm posting this in the wrong place. I only used Unity Forums to ask about c#, this is my first time ever asking about some other subject :).

So,first of all, i'm using this shader: https://leakyfingers.itch.io/retro-3d-shader-pack-for-unity

When i use it as post-processing only, everything works fine.
    When i use it as a shader for a material (for a wall, for example) the material stops receiving shadows. I'll post two pictures below. In my game i *really* need shadows, they're part of the game. How do i make so i'm able to cast shadows with this shader??

Please, take a look at the pictures. Thank you so much :)

Attached Files:

2. kdgalla

kdgalla

Is this the built-in renderer? Are you using point light shadows? When I made my own custom shaders, directional light shadows and spot light shadows worked, but my shaders weren't compatible with point light shadows until I added a special keyword. I don't remember what it is off the top of my head but I can look it up when I get home.

Do shadows work for a directional or spot light?

3. BL4CK0UT1906

BL4CK0UT1906

Hey,thanks for the answer. Yes, it's the built-in renderer. I've tried with every light settings and it still not worked. I believe it's a setting in the shader but i have no idea how do i change this. I'm mostly a programmer...
    It's a retro shader, and i have seen retro graphics turning off shadows before. I think this may be the case...