Search Unity

Objects in distance are White and only when I get closeris the texture is applied on iPad ?

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by ibtikar, May 17, 2015.

1. ibtikar

ibtikar

I have a space scene and all the planets are white at a long distance when the camera get closer then proper texture are applied ? how to correct this so the text are always applied or at least set the color to black or something isn't so obvious.

I do not see this issue in unity on Mac or PC, only when I build and test it on iPad.

2. ibtikar

ibtikar

I changed the export player settings Graphic API down to Open GL ES 2.0 and the white went away. But this suck because my light fall off is really noisy and sharp

why do i have to build to see the correct render ?

Last edited: May 17, 2015
  3. nick.mann

nick.mann

I am having this same issue. I have the latest version of Unity with all textures rendering perfectly in the Editor. No textures though on the iPad. I have manually each of the graphics API's individually on the iPad, and all I see are white objects where textures should be. In my case it is not isolated to distance from any object. Textures did appear before switching to Unity 5.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

4. _Paulius

_Paulius

Mobile Developer Unity Technologies

It's hard to what might be causing this could you please submit a bug report with you project (also indicate the model of the device you're using and it's iOS version) and post it's id here?

5. ev3d

ev3d

what is the status of this?

6. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

still broken

7. arossini-rortos

arossini-rortos

Update on this? I have something similar on Unity 2022.3.12f1.