Search Unity

Objects/graphics settings

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by unityxleaf, Jun 5, 2020.

1. unityxleaf

unityxleaf

Hi, new here and not sure if this is the right place, and sorry if i'm not calling everything by their correct names.

I'm having this problem where the objects I add don't exactly match the color of the material I drag on to them.

Second, the edges are jagged and I already have anti-aliasing on + I'm using a 2080ti.

I've included a picture of my current situation.

Attached Files:

2. PraetorBlue

PraetorBlue

Parts of objects will be lighter/darker based on the layout of the scene, such as where the lights are, how bright they are, what color the lights are, where the camera is, etc... That's just how "realistic" light simulation rendering works. If this is not the effect you want, you can change the shader on your material to an "Unlit" shader. Unlit shaders will ignore all lighting in the scene and just be whatever color you want them to be. Unlit objects can look flat and out of place in a scene though. It's an artistic choice you'll need to make.

As for antialiasing - the Scene View will never have antialiasing. Try the Game View to see antialiasing. The Game view is a preview of what your game will actually look like from a game camera. The Scene view is just for editing.

Joe-Censored likes this.
  3. unityxleaf

unityxleaf

I was following along with a video on Youtube from Brackey and his cube is white, while mine was beige/dark. So I was wondering if there's something off about my settings. I even uninstalled and reinstalled Unity + reset everything to default and I still couldn't get the same colors/look as his.

Video link for reference:

4. PraetorBlue

PraetorBlue

Check the color, intensity, and range of the light(s) in your scene. For some reason I think they changed the default lights recently to be a puke beige color instead of white.

Joe-Censored and unityxleaf like this.
  5. unityxleaf

unityxleaf

That solved my issues. Thanks a lot!