Search Unity

Objects are trying to be loaded during a domain backup.

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by LootlabGames, Apr 8, 2022.

1. IRHappyHippo

IRHappyHippo

https://i.imgur.com/Sp0LaSs.mp4
    in what kind of world This is OK to release ??!?!?!?

i downloaded the latest Version all 3 LTS and all have the same issue........

2. marcospgp

marcospgp

I'm getting this in 2020.3.35f1 and now that you mention it I did have a shader graph window open. Will check if that's the issue.

3. IRHappyHippo

IRHappyHippo

I don't think that's the case i tried with new version with and without shaderGraph something is really broken with the new LTS versions and the same thing happens with the Normal release

4. DevilCult

DevilCult

I used 2021.3.3f1 a couple time so far and the only time i started seeing this error is when i modified the layout in unity. Either resizing some windows, or click default layout. Restarting editor and not touching it fixed it.

5. atr0phy

atr0phy

Curious. Same worked for me in 2022.1. I reopened the 3 shader graph tabs that were open to see if the error came back. It didn't. For now anyway.. The message spammed exactly 6 times every time I had entered play mode.

Not using Odin or anything else for that matter, other than DOTS/ECS related packages.

Edit: Welp, nevermind, leaving those shader graph tabs open brought the errors back after about 3 or 4 times of entering play mode. Closing them got rid of them again.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2022
  6. IRHappyHippo

IRHappyHippo

Every time i enter playmode...https://i.imgur.com/Sp0LaSs.mp4
    and i don't have shadergraph installed
    i downloaded the latest Version all 3 LTS and all have the same issue........

7. alti

alti

I closed every tab including the game view. The error is still around, but closing shadergraph did eliminate a few. I'm back down to four, but count on unity to scream at me with more compound banalities. #LTS #LotsaTroubleShooting

8. GhostbuGaming

GhostbuGaming

I don't know if you can call this a fix at all, but I called the function OnBeforeSerialize after the line "EditorJsonUtility.FromJsonOverwrite(m_SerializedTexture, textureHelper);" and saved it (hoping unity would crash), But after loading the error is no longer to be found and everything seems to be working fine image_2022-06-17_174205374.png

Vaupell likes this.
  9. IRHappyHippo

IRHappyHippo

it's not shadergraph only (i don't have it installed) something is really broken with the latest unity versions

10. IRHappyHippo

IRHappyHippo

Just a canvas and a gameobject (nothing on it new scene getting it in all version after 2020.3 LTS and none LTS)

11. Datux

Datux

Was having the exact same issue today.
    Would get the error message and objects with select shaders would 'pop' white for a second before returning to normal.
    Solution was simply to close the shadergraph window before running the game.

12. Zawaseinlove

Zawaseinlove

I have also the same problem,when upgrade to 2021.3.4.I have also used Odin.Maybe Odin's problem.

13. spiney199

spiney199

Odin has fixed this from 3.0.13, so update your Odin if you haven't already.

14. CherrySock

CherrySock

I started to get this error too after upgrading to 2021.3.5f1 (from 2020.3). I've updated Odin and have no Shader graph open.
    It doesn't seem to break anything but still annoying.

15. IRHappyHippo

IRHappyHippo

downgrade to 2020.3

16. Frostzone

Frostzone

Anyone managed to find a workaround without downgrading?

17. KarelA

KarelA

I started getting this error when i enabled graphics compositor on my hdrp project. When i disabled it the error went away

18. ByteStormGmbH

ByteStormGmbH

We had the same problem with 2021.3.4f1, after deleting and recreating "AddressableAssetsData" the problem was gone.

19. TommyNbg

TommyNbg

Closing all shader graph windows before hitting PLAY did it for me. (2021.3.4f1.243)

20. tmsilva11

tmsilva11

I just added the localization asset to my project (Unity 2021.3.4f1) and started to get the same error after building the addressables groups the first time.

21. Der_Heavynator

Der_Heavynator

This solved it for me aswell.
    On a side note: when I open a shader graph, it marks it with a "*", as if I changed it in any way; and when closing, asks me if I want to save the changes. Might this be related?

22. gooby429

gooby429

still exists in 2021.3.5

23. nasos_333

nasos_333

Getting this error as well, hopefully will be fixed soon

24. MostHated

MostHated

Having this issue in 2021.3.6f1 on Linux with no stack trace. Only recently started happening. I want to say when I went from 5f1 to 6f1, but I am not 100% sure.

No Odin, no Shader Graph, etc.

25. XXiangry

XXiangry

After switch a layout, this error will not seen. Then switch back layout

26. yagizayer

yagizayer

had same Issue (Unity 2021.3.6f1 (LTS))
    removing Odin Inspector's "SerializedMonoBehaviour" from all my prefabs solved it.

27. spiney199

spiney199

FYI you shouldn't be using Odin serialisation with prefabs; it's a deprecated feature currently.

28. yagizayer

yagizayer

Yeah i Figured haha. thanks tho :)

29. simast

simast

Still getting this on 2021.3.6f1. Not using Odin inspector and don't have Shader Graph windows open. Have exactly 4 errors in console log. These errors started appearing only after I switched my project from URP to HDRP.

30. aromana

aromana

Still getting this on 2021.3.7f1. No idea what causes it. WTF Unity? This is a late-stage LTS...

31. DavidBVal

DavidBVal

What happens if you folks click on the error?

In my case it took me to a script OnBeforeSerialize event. I suspect the presence of any such events is causing the problem.

32. simast

simast

In my case the errors don't have any stack traces and double clicking on them does not open/lead anywhere.

33. DavidBVal

DavidBVal

I am afraid until we upload a project and make an official bug report, we can't expect a fix. Somehow this problem is off Unity's radar and probably doesn't affect most developers, so we must help them help us.

EDIT: I tried to create a new project that contains the script that caused the error for me at OnBeforeSerialize... no luck, the error does not appear on a clean project. Maybe someone else has better luck reproducing this, until then I am stuck with 2020.3.30f1 LTS to avoid the flood of errors.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2022
  34. commonblob

commonblob

Having the same problem here, and interestingly it occurs on my main dev machine, but does not occur on my laptop dev machine with exactly the same project (source controlled)

35. Sord

Sord

I got this error when I setting Preference/Diagnostics/Core/EnableDomainReloadTimings is tuned on.
    Anyone encountering this ensure that setting is off (as it is by default).

horatiu665 likes this.
  36. edwon

edwon

I'm having this as well, without a stack trace. The error appears about 30 times every time I hate play, it makes dev very difficult. Please fix this Unity!

using Unity 2021.3.7f1

I even contacted Odin support about this, but they said they already fixed an old error that was causing this, apparently Unity is doing this all by itself

37. edwon

edwon

UPDATE: This is so fun to look at every single time I hit play! thanks Unity! How do I get the attention of the devs?

Attached Files:

38. DavidBVal

DavidBVal

We don't. It's obvious after these months they are not gonna fix it unless we manage to reproduce it in a clean project and report a bug.

It would be nice to have their cooperation, though, since they know what can lead to that particular error message, my guess is it's related to Plastic SCM integration.

39. yengNami

yengNami

I just want to let you all know that I also had this problem, for days I am just trying to ignore it since it doesn't seem to break my project but... it hurts to look at this error while working on the project, and searching for the solution is not easy to find. in fact, there is none. no clear way of what to do

40. DavidBVal

DavidBVal

I had it disabled, so this issue has multiple causes.

41. RubyDev1997

RubyDev1997

This is a problem in my project too. It appeared after I deleted a script which was still on prefabs. The prefabs are deleted by now and error still appears. I am 99.9% sure it is not Odin at this point but something else...

42. edwon

edwon

I asked the Odin dev support about this, they said it is not them, they have double checked. They are extremely good engineers over there. I believe them. This must be a Unity problem!

43. DavidBVal

DavidBVal

Reminder that if anyone is capable of reproducing this in a small project, and submit a bug report, maybe we can have it fixed by unity. Otherwise we're doomed. I failed to reproduce it outside my behemoth project.

noio likes this.
  44. L0tan

L0tan

In my case the error appears cause I've all Localization views (settings, tables, etc) opened when I press play

45. FF_Ejlersen

FF_Ejlersen

We got this in our project.
    It was due to a scriptable object using a serialized reference, which pointed to other scriptable objects. On one scriptable object, one of the fields was missing. Solved the missing field and it went away.

I also had a look at the asset itself, and the field with a missing asset wasn't even present in the asset file.

I've sent a bug report with this particular case.

younesafkpro and bjarkeck like this.
  46. marcospgp

marcospgp

Ran into this again, googled the issue again, can confirm shader graph was open while entering play mode.

This time with version 2020.3.38f1.

47. Gooren

Gooren

Same, or VFX Graph

48. BindingForceDev

BindingForceDev

This appears to be the issue for me! I'm using 2021.3.0f1. I didn't realize I had it opened up in one of my editor window tabs and after closing it I no longer receive the message. The errors would reliably appear when the Editor loaded and after leaving Play mode. Also, in my particular case, I do not have the UnityEditor.Graphing.GraphObject:OnBeforeSerialize() part that some have reported. I hope my experience helps someone!

49. noio

noio

Getting the same error. What would be helpful from Unity's end is some kind of indication of which Object is trying to be loaded.

In my case it's not
    1. Library refresh. I deleted the library and let Unity reimport everything.
    2. Odin: I updated.
    3. An open Shader Graph (no other windows are open)

If the error message was just SLIGHTLY less cryptic, that would help in tracking this down and reproducing it.

[EDIT] In my case the error was due to Assets/Prefabs with missing scripts. I used https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/utilities/ng-missing-script-recovery-102272 to find those and deleted them.

[EDIT2] JOKE! I restarted Unity and the errors are back :mad:

Last edited: Sep 16, 2022
  50. Galaxy227

Galaxy227

Hey, just now also having this issue. Some sort of statement from Unity would be much appreciated.