Search Unity

Objective System- UI + Menu + Tracking

Discussion in 'Open Projects' started by kirbygc00, Nov 2, 2020.

1. kirbygc00

kirbygc00

Hi,

Is this feature in scope for this project? I did not see mention of it in codecks or the forums, but I think it could be helpful for the player....

Something like a UI element on the screen which tells you what your next goal is, maybe with a checklist?
    Or somewhere in the inventory/menu screens a list of current/completed objectives for players to check if they are feeling lost. Could also serve as a recap of the story similar to BoTW.

Should be straight forward to set up

Last edited: Nov 2, 2020
  2. shuttle127

shuttle127

Have you seen the latest Miro board for UI Wireframing? The in game menus haven’t been discussed much yet, so this seems like a good way to focus on that part. I’ve envisioned the player being able to use the map to pin special locations like BotW, could be fun.

For the second part of your suggestion, someone on a separate thread (apologies I can’t find it right now) had suggested a journal to keep track of things Hamlet has done recently for when the player reloads the game from a save point, would that accomplish the last part?

What does our resident UI expert @ChemaDmk say? :)

ChemaDmk and kirbygc00 like this.
  3. ChemaDmk

ChemaDmk

Unity Technologies

Hey here !
    Thanks @shuttle127 for tagging me!

This sounds like a great idea. But not to implement right away, we should put it on hold and add it to a wishlist until we know more about the game play.
    Currently, we'll only have one mission/objective at a time, and not multiple, so no need for an objective system.

@kirbygc00 Join us on this thread to discuss more of the UI Wireframing

kirbygc00 likes this.