Search Unity

Question Object shattering

Discussion in 'Physics' started by elzbeb, Dec 15, 2020.

1. elzbeb

elzbeb

Hello so I have been trying to make a game like this one

I wanted to see if someone knows how to make this or the logic behind it this is my best attempt at making the game https://gyazo.com/abe5826e6fbf1fbc6277cccccf1f99ec
    I want to know how did they make it so when the ball touches the building only that specific part of the building gets destroyed/blown out, I have that in my game but it instantiates the whole broken building and removes the pieces that the ball hit and it's kinda ugly tbh you can see that the whole building is shattered.
    I am using is kinematic to keep the whole building in place and when the ball touches the building I disable is kinematic for the pieces around the point of impact

2. Deleted User

Deleted User

I personally think your method looks fine, but if you want it to look better, use AddExplosionForce() or something on your ball. Also, in their method, they seem to let the falling pieces enable other pieces and make them fall. As far as I know, your kinematic method is the only method possible for this game in Unity.

3. Deleted User

Deleted User

Havoc physics would probably work better with that many Rigidbodys too. It might get difficult to handle so many rigidbodys with the default Object-Oriented physics.