Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Object picker issues

Discussion in '2020.2 Beta' started by Hyp-X, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Hyp-X

Hyp-X

Hi,

I'd like to ask if anyone else have these issues with the Object picker ( upload_2020-11-19_11-17-53.png ):

1. When I open the object picker the selection disappears after half a second.
    This is happening for me 100%, but I don't know if this is project specific or not.

2. I open the object picker click on an object -> the picker disappears without changing the field.
    This happens like around 30%, but I'm not really sure.
    What I'm sure is that everyone in the team is complaining about it

These issues didn't seem to affect 2020.1.

Is there anyone seeing these with 2020.2?
    Right now we are using 2020.2.0b11

CianNoonan, nehvaleem and Ruchir like this.
  2. mgear

mgear

1) happening here also

*2020.2.0b11

3. DoctorShinobi

DoctorShinobi

I have the second issue too. It's something that happened in 2020.1 beta, then disappeared and came back in the 2020.2 beta.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
  4. Rallix

Rallix

Yes, but I think it kept happening to me even in the older Unity versions. I considered reporting it as a bug, but I don't know how reproducible it would be since it only seems to happen in my largest project, with a lot of assets. In smaller projects, I don't encounter this issue at all. Here's a gif:
    Select Window.gif
    I agree it's annoying, though. Selecting an object with arrow keys instead of clicking seems to be a workaround, but it takes more typing & time.

DoctorShinobi likes this.
  5. Ruchir

Ruchir

This has been quite a pain for me too
    Both 1 and 2 :(

6. nehvaleem

nehvaleem

This is happening to me as well. It is really difficult to select everything by the keyboard.

7. mahdi_jeddi

mahdi_jeddi

We had similar issues with the object/material/color pickers. It sometimes would not register mouse clicks and would just close if clicked. It's a known issue and I think it's fixed in b11. Maybe that fix created new issues? I can't reproduce this.

8. Driven

Driven

This issue is persistent for me since 2019.1. Moving the selection window to a positing where nothing clickable is below fixed it but that's obviously unacceptable.

9. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Hi everybody,

This is a known issue: https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/product/unity/issues/guid/1239613/

We had already deployed a fix for this but had to back it out again since it caused multiple regressions. The team is working on it.

A workaround, for now, would be to wait a moment before hovering and clicking the pop-up window.

Rallix, mahdi_jeddi and DoctorShinobi like this.
  10. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

A revised fix has landed in 2021.1a9 and is on its way to 2019.4 and 2020.2.

Grizmu, Ruchir and Rallix like this.
  11. CianNoonan

CianNoonan

Are any of the other inspector issues fixed by this?

A notable one is that mousing over one window causes mouse over events on other windows. So you can see elements at similar relative coordinated highlight when the mouse isn't over them

sl1nk3_ubi likes this.
  12. Rallix

Rallix

@CianNoonan – I was referred to this bug after experiencing a similar issue to the one you describe.

CianNoonan likes this.