Search Unity

Object jiggling in 360 videos

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by StarvingIndieDeveloper, Dec 20, 2015.

1. StarvingIndieDeveloper

StarvingIndieDeveloper

I'm making 360 videos using 360 Panorama Capture ( https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/38755 ) and I've run into some strange problems. The worst is the jiggling of objects (see video below), which doesn't happen within Unity while it's recording (even though the effect looks similar to the tendency for Unity objects to jiggle if the coordinates are too large). It only shows up in the video, so I'm not sure what's going on. Has anyone else had a similar experience? Here's a sample video (rendered at ultrafast settings so it's a bit blurry, but the jiggling effect is the point):

2. fffMalzbier

fffMalzbier

Looks like you did record in stereo mode but put both eyes alternating in the video file.

3. StarvingIndieDeveloper

StarvingIndieDeveloper

Thank you for your help. I assume you meant "didn't record in stereo mode" ? I'm still new to using 360 Panorama Capture so I'll look to see if there are any parameters that need to be changed.

4. StarvingIndieDeveloper

StarvingIndieDeveloper

Sometimes the view shifts back and forth between two vastly different points along the projected route of the camera, with nearly opposite camera angles (not just two points side by side, as if both eyes are being rendered). And if I have the camera remain stationary, it will gradually edge forward anyway - but only in the recorded video, not in Unity's game window. Recording in stereoscopic mode didn't eliminate the jittering back and forth. I suppose I could just delete every other screenshot to get rid of the erroneous ones...

Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
  5. StarvingIndieDeveloper

StarvingIndieDeveloper

If anyone else has this problem, here's what was causing it: I had been using a script to reposition the camera for different scenes by parenting the camera to a series of GOs to serve as anchor points in each scene, and these GOs were then moved with a script so the camera would pan through each scene. This evidently interfered with 360 Panorama Capture and caused the viewpoint to shift back and forth.