Search Unity

Object in hand anchor resets to init position

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by mrm83, Jul 25, 2019.

1. mrm83

mrm83

So I created a scene, added in the OVRCameraRig, attached a cube to each left/right hand anchor and built the scene to headset and everything worked fine.
    moving the controllers, i could see my cube moved along with the controller movement.

today, when i rebuilt the scene to the headset, this functionality mysteriously broke.
    moving both controller, i could only see 1 cube move while the other remains idle at start position.
    i touch a button on the other controller and immediately the cube from that controller follows while the cube on the other control's position reset.

both controllers are tracking as i see them move from the guardian boundaries..

why is this happening? why did the behavior suddenly changed and i dont see both cubes move with controller? how to fix this?

Using Unity 2018.3.12 with Oculus Quest and latest version of the integration.

2. weaverfish

weaverfish

I saw some reports about bugs with some quest games with the latest firmware update which appear to be related to forthcoming Oculus Go emulation. I believe the fix was adding a property to the Android Manifest file

3. weaverfish

weaverfish