Search Unity

Bug "Object Graph cannot be null" Errror?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Dwight_P, Dec 15, 2022.

1. Dwight_P

Dwight_P

So I just updated my project from 2021.3.13f1 to 2022.2.0f1 and now I am getting an "ArgumentNullException: Object Graph cannot be null. Parameter name: graph" error.

I can "duplicate" a scene, delete everything, literally everything, save it, and it will still happen. And it happens on every single scene existing scene, but doesn't happen when making a scene with a unity template.

It seems to be breaking the Editor UI, preventing the shaders from loading, and a bunch of other things.

I have cleared the cache, I have deleted the library and let it recompile, and I am still getting the issue. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Edit: I added 3 screenshots showing the details of each error message.As often as the addressables package is mentioned I did remove and re-add it, still did not help.

Resolved - 12/16/22: I resolved the issue. Something changed with the Addressable Asset Settings asset when updating from 2021.3.13f1 to 2022.2.0f1, causing it to corrupt. In order to fix it, I had to go to the asset, click Manage Groups, and clear all missing references. After clearing then everything repopulated correctly.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 17, 2022
    dforstmaier likes this.
  2. Dwight_P

Dwight_P

Anyone have any ideas?

3. dforstmaier

dforstmaier

Which Addressables package version did you use? I have the same problem but I cant clear the missing references, cause the Manage Groups Window is blank/broken. Here is another thread that figured out, 1.12.1 was actually problematic: https://forum.unity.com/threads/upg...ses-addressables-groups-to-disappear.1372320/

Edit:
    To solve my case: downgrading to 1.20.5 fixed the Manage Group window somehow. I could see two entries with broken reference, those I had to manually remove in the AddressableAssetSettings.asset via notepad. Then the original error was gone, even after upgrading back to 1.2.1

Last edited: Dec 19, 2022