Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Object going in between other objects.

Discussion in 'Physics' started by TriusMalarky, Jun 5, 2020.

1. TriusMalarky

TriusMalarky

This isn't super important, but I'd like to know if it's possible to prevent this.

I have a system in which a rock is thrown by right clicking. However, aiming the cursor and getting the rock to hit things with the right angle does some weird stuff.

For instance, there are some supermarket shelves that are placed next to each other very closely. However, if you throw the rock correctly, you can wedge the rock in between them, shoving them apart. This has to be approximately right in between the shelves' hitboxes, but it's not too hard.

I can also throw the rock through walls. This is, of course, because the walls are made of multiple different cubes, so that I could get the texture to work(speaking of, if you know how to help with that, let me know.)

It's not necessary to fix, as I might actually use it in the game as a mechanic(a hidden one, but a mechanic nevertheless), but I thought I might post.

I have a theory -- add extra hitboxes on the walls -- but give me your thoughts. Thanks!