Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Object ending up half-way through the NavMesh while navigating

Discussion in 'Navigation' started by ai2thor_hw, Jul 3, 2019.

1. ai2thor_hw

ai2thor_hw

Hi, I'm completely new in Unity, and I'm using it to create a virtual environment where to interact with a robot. I'm using the model created in the ai2thor project, but I need to extend it with the Navigation feature already present in Unity. I'm following several tutorials and reading the documentation, but I'm a little bit in a rush. I managed to have the agent (FPSController) navigating to a target object/position, but the problem I get is that, when it starts moving, it ends up half-way through the floor, and it keeps staying like that for the rest of the animation time (see second picture). I don't understand which component represents the base point of the agent. (Last picture shows the different object composing the agent). Screenshot from 2019-07-03 12-34-06.png Screenshot from 2019-07-03 12-34-22.png Screenshot from 2019-07-03 14-44-12.png Screenshot from 2019-07-03 12-34-22.png

2. Yandalf

Yandalf

You need to change the base offset variable in your NavMeshAgent component (on the root of your robot).

comaesque and Menikino like this.