Search Unity

NWH Aerodynamics

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by NWHCoding, May 28, 2021.

1. NWHCoding

NWHCoding

CoverImage_1950x1300.jpg

NWH Aerodynamics is a flight simulation and aerodynamics package for Unity with a focus on realism, ease of use, and flexibility.​

--------
    This asset has been recently released and is in beta. As much as it has been tested some bugs will be present. If you encounter any please contact us so we can fix them as soon as possible. Thank you.

--------

NWH Aerodynamics is a part of NWH Physics World - a collection of inter-compatible vehicle simulation assets.

Demos - Documentation - Forum - YouTube - Discord - Contact Us

NWH Aerodynamics is now available for purchase on the Unity Asset Store.

Key Features

• Detailed flight dynamics system fully based on physics with custom physics sub-stepping solution for high-speed stability.

• Accurate airfoil simulation with 1500+ airfoil shapes.

• Easy to set up and use with detailed documentation. Tooltips for all inspector fields.
    Full C# source code.

• Custom inspectors for all scripts based on NWH's own NUI framework.

• Suitable for a wide variety of aircraft such as multi-engine commercial airliners, small single-engine aircraft, fighter jets, etc.

• Support for piston, turbine, and jet engines in different configurations with propeller and jet propulsion. E.g. turboprop, piston, turbofan, turbojet, jet, etc.

• Support for different control surfaces: ailerons, ailerators, elevators, flaps, and rudders.

• Cockpit instrumentation - airspeed, altimeter, attitude, heading, turn and vertical speed indicators for use both in UI and 3D.'

• Realistic atmosphere simulation, including wind.

• Floating origin supported and included allowing for large, open worlds.

• Three fully configured aircraft (Cirrus SR22, JAS 39 Gripen, and Boeing 737-100). Big thanks to Helijah FlightGear Hangar for providing the models.

• Compatible with mobile, console, and desktop build targets.

Support

If you have any questions, problems, or suggestions you can contact us through our email or Discord.
    Basic support is included in the price of the asset and we aim to answer within a few hours.

Screenshots

Trio.jpg

Cockpit.jpg

Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
  2. NWHCoding

NWHCoding

3. Swyfft

Swyfft

Interesting .. saw NWH Aerodynamics and realized that I didn't have any flight system assets like this.
    have used other applications for my prototyping, with things like XFoil among other things..
    am interested to see where this goes ..
    +1 for Helicopters too :)
    just purchased kit .. looking forward to logging some hours

4. Kennth

Kennth

I was looking forward to the release, but I was looking forward to Helicopter as well, had figured
    that would be part of the package. I did not read to closely to see that choppers were not
    part of the package, Another request/ idea might be , hang glider / more home made kind
    of flying machines . like helicopters too. I do agree though, this might be more
    of an arcade type style, over hyper realistic flight.

5. SilverSho0t

SilverSho0t

Hello, do you plan missile physics in the future? Like missile on DCS World.

6. Barritico

Barritico

The problem with airplane physics is the knowledge of those physics.

When you do the physics of a car, you more or less get an idea from a base model. Give an example of the product.

With airplanes it is different (in my opinion). You have to have notions of aeronautics so that good physics act as expected.

I have not bought the product yet, but I have all of the NWH ones and they are sure to be good. So my question is:

Will you do particularized physics if asked?

Thanks.

7. NWHCoding

NWHCoding

Hello and sorry for the delayed response. The forums failed to give me any notification so I missed the question. Discord in the signature is usually a much better and faster way to get a response.
    I am not planning to add missiles or any weapons since the aim of the asset is primarily aerodynamics. There are multiple weapons packs available on the Asset Store already and a lot of weapon implementation will actually depend on the game. Something like a missile would not use aerodynamics at all but probably have an approach more similar to scripting a bullet, just with the propellant and some basic steering capability through rotation.

8. NWHCoding

NWHCoding

Sorry for the delayed response, I have not received any notifications from the Asset Store.
    I am not sure what exactly the question is. Most of the simulation inside NWH Aerodynamics is done on individual airfoils using my take on known and tested methods. There are three demo aircraft in the demo builds, all from very different aircraft categories. That was done in an attempt to demonstrate how the model is behaving with different shapes, masses, and general properties of the aircraft.
    Could you clarify what you mean by 'particularized physics'?

Asset_Street_221B likes this.
  9. NWHCoding

NWHCoding

I am happy to announce that NWH Vehicle Physics 2, Dynamic Water Physics 2, and NWH Aerodynamics will be 50% off from November 14, 2021, 21:00:00 PT to December 4, 2021, 23:59:59 PT.
    More info about the sale here.

Edit: It seems that there will be no official sale for NWH Aerodynamics so I cut the price manually for the duration above to $18 (from $44).

Last edited: Nov 17, 2021
  10. Barritico

Barritico

I mean that it is "relatively easy" to make physics of a car based on its technical data sheet. Then it can be improved by watching videos or the like.

Airplanes is much more complex and a more unknown world. At least, for me, it would be complicated.

I will change the question.

If I ask you for the physics of a model, attaching the 3D design, would you do them for me? (with budget, of course)

For example, the one in the attached image.
    Thanks

avion.png

11. NWHCoding

NWHCoding

I am not open to freelancing right now as I have plenty enough work.
    However, have you tried setting up your model with NWH Aerodynamics?
    I have spent quite a lot of time making sure that the setup is simple and straightforward.
    The only more complex part would be picking the right airfoil shape from the provided ones, but a symmetrical airfoil
    should be a good starting point.
    Also, I have done most of development and testing on an Extra 300C which is extremely similar to the model above so you should be fine.

12. Barritico

Barritico

Ok, thanks

13. surveyboy226

surveyboy226

How do you calculate stall angle, The airfoil data's I believe show where a stall happen based on when the CL reaches its maximum positive and negative cl vs aoa. But this isn't shown on the sim and It seems it doesn't follow the airfoil data when it comes to this. The 737 in demo with the default airfoil cambered is suppose to reach maximum stall angle of 20.800 according to the airfoil polar data and a minimum of -20.600 aoa but it seems to lose lift much earlier than either of these aoa was wondering if you know why thanks