Search Unity

1. New Unity Live Help updates. Check them out here!

Dismiss Notice

Nvidia studio stack with Quadro RTX

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Autarkis, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Autarkis

Autarkis

Hi,

Has anyone here upgraded their rig with a quadro RTX? Aside from the press release by nVidia mentioning that a studio stack that accelerates development in Unity is available with the quadro rtx, i have found 0 information, or found anyone that actually uses Unity with that setup.

I'd love to see some benchmarks of how it compares with a 2080 RTX ( I split my time between Unity and other DCC, and while I would see improvements in DCC with a quadro, I wouldn't think that route unless the performance in Unity is roughly the same, for lightmapping mostly.) Apps are deployed in geforce rtx computers, and I don't really care about "Gaming" performance, just about my workflow being faster than it is :)

Thanks for any thoughts anyone here has on this.

2. xVergilx

xVergilx

Just use Bakery, you won't even need a renderfarm to get a decent result.

Progressive GPU is abyssmal. I bet it will crash baking terrain anyways on RTX 2080 or Quadro RTX.

3. Autarkis

Autarkis

Funny enough I do use Bakery :). I dont really need to lightmap terrains, but I've been able to bake them with a 2080 ti with bakery,
    Im just trying to see what if I could get an improvement time wise with a quadro rtx 5000 vs a 2080 maxq ( laptop, obviously) - mostly because of this nvidia studio stack, as it doesn't seem to be just the quadro drivers.

syscrusher likes this.
unityunity