Search Unity

NVidia HairWorks in Unity

Discussion in 'Animation' started by NapalmRain, May 27, 2015.

1. NapalmRain

NapalmRain

Good all the time of day!

I'd love to find out all possible background information on the use of nvidia hairworks in their projects. Since using google I could not find anything even remotely.

Thanking you in advance!

2. Teku-Studios

Teku-Studios

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  3. NapalmRain

NapalmRain

4. Deleted User

Deleted User

Did someone integrate NVIDIA Hairworks libraries into Unity3d 5 successfully ???

5. superjayman

superjayman

First you have to have access to the NVIDIA Hairworks SDK!, They are not giving it to just anyone, has anyone got them??

6. NapalmRain

NapalmRain

Yeah, I got access. It's enough to register on the website developers Nvidia as a developer.

7. Deleted User

Deleted User

I have also NVIDIA Hairworks SDK on my HDD (with included FurViewer for both win32 and win64).
    I have no experience with making Low Level Native Plugins :(
    I experimented with HBAO+ sample project, but ........ I compiled *.cpp file into *.dll file using free Dev-C++ , but it doesn't work . I understand I have to install Microsoft Visual Studio to properly generate *.dll file ?
    It would be great if someone could write detailed process of making Gameworks plugin for Unity3d.

8. Velo222

Velo222

I would like to see Nvidia HairWorks work with Unity as well. It would be awesome if there was a plugin/integration we could purchase on the asset store.

9. mgear

mgear

just saw this,
    https://github.com/unity3d-jp/NVIDIAHairWorksIntegration

- download github project, open the "HairWorksIntegration" project folder in unity
    - download HairWorks 1.1, unzip
    - copy "HairWorks-r1-1-212-distro/bin/win64/GFSDK_HairWorks.win64.dll" to the unity project folder, Assets/Plugins/x86_64/
    - Open "test" scene, play

Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
    jwstephe likes this.
  10. mgear

mgear

@NikProductions what message you get in console?

(tested on 5.2.0f3, works here)

for me first line at play time is:
    GFSDK_LoadHairSDK("..\HairWorksIntegration\Assets\HairWorksIntegration\Plugins\x86_64\GFSDK_HairWorks.win64.dll") succeeded.

11. NikProductions

NikProductions

Sadly I get this.. 684a276c94dea6773134b558d0581704.png

12. mgear

mgear

13. NikProductions

NikProductions

The problem is that it continues to crash and I'm not sure why.. It has to do something with those messages.

14. mgear

mgear

oh, it did hang the whole computer just now, maybe it was on too long or from alt tabbing..

15. NikProductions

NikProductions

Sorry mate, It doesn't work. Anyways thanks for the help, I'll msg you if I manage to fix it.

16. theprotonfactor

theprotonfactor

Teku-Studios likes this.
  17. shubniggurath

shubniggurath

hello, i have a problem using the API, not generating the effect of hair, I also the variables id shader, asset id and instance id show a null not know if this is normal? , any suggestions?
    http://imgur.com/y50qzlF <-- image problem

18. baloniman

baloniman

The problem your having is because the version of the GFSDK_HairWorks.win64.dll is mismatched. The developer of this integration is using : HairWorks-r1-1-212-distro. This is not the same as the current version from Nvidia. If you search google ( HairWorks-r1-1-212-distro ) you'll find the correct version you need to get this to work. After doing this the plugin worked perfect. There is no shadow support right now but the hair looks great finally some decent hair in unity!

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  19. shreemayan

shreemayan

I am looking for a developer with whom i can interact and do work mutually benefiting ! ready to serve them as well as get served what i need !!

3D Artist / Animator
    Yagna Animation
    India

20. WalkerStudio

WalkerStudio

Hi,nice too see you! I'm looking for integrating the hairwork into unity,but i lack the experience for low level plugin development as you two years ago,Can you help me some guidance? i looking forward from you with my best wishes!