Search Unity

Nvidia Blast

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bocs, May 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vlasov_VV

Vlasov_VV

Thanks!

2. Rob-A

Rob-A

Hey guys.
    Amazing work. Why not to set up a public git hub repo for this for others to contribute. @OGUZCANSOYSELCUK would you do this since you from what i read here you made the latest changes?

If you all want i can set up a repo but then it would be the best if the latest changes would be posted here.
    What do you think?

3. therewillbebrad

therewillbebrad

Was this ever something that was uploaded? I'm definitely interested.

4. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

I don't think it was, I recently updated this to most recent Blast version and it still works but I haven't checked the nvidia licensing for sharing the compiled binaries without a product so will not upload it myself into github etc.

5. joebain

joebain

Thanks for the great work @bocs , I've been trying to make use of this and the bit I'm struggling with now is creating an NVBlastFamily, i.e. setting up the connections between fractured pieces so that Blast is being used to break the objects apart in a realistic way. I tried initially creating a new C++ method to wrap `NvBlastExtAuthoringProcessFracture` which does the fracturing and also returns the bonds in an `AuthoringResult` so you can set up the runtime structure from that. So far it crashes setting up PhysX though, so I need to look a bit further.

It seems like the best thing though would be to make use of the serialisation functions to read in the files that NVidia's fracturing tool outputs. That seems to be the UE4 approach, where they have a lot more support.

Anyway, I was just wondering if you had gotten any further with this, or if anyone else had a working approach to build up the chunks and bonds for you need at runtime?

6. jmpeng

jmpeng

Great works guys. Just wondering, if this works in mobile device, I have tried but it is not working. Possible insights on how to make it works?

7. owen_proto

owen_proto

I can't get blast to compile. When I run the "generate_projects_vc15win64.bat" file the .sln project file does not appear within the compiler folder. Is this an issue you happened to figure out?

8. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

@OldLegWig I didn't have any issues afaik, it's been some time since I did it but I work with c++ projects all the time so I wouldn't even remember if I had to do some minor changes. You for example may need to change the project to build for DLL if the solution is setup for lib etc.

9. joebain

joebain

I was trying to get this working for Quest actually, but they don't supply binaries or a compile target for ARM and I couldn't get a compiled ARM version after a couple of days trying so I gave up for now. It should be possible, and I'll update if I get any further.

I forked the Blast repo with some added Unity bindings that allow you to read in a .tkAsset file from their authoring tool: https://github.com/joebain/Blast. You have to be a NVidia Gameworks Github member to view. (It's free to join here: https://developer.nvidia.com/gameworks-source-github)

10. DEGUEKAS

DEGUEKAS

There is some place with Blast documentation in unity?
    The only thing found is the example sten of github and this discussion of the unity forum.

11. zhp1

zhp1

Would you like to send the Unity Package + C++ Sources to my gmail(zhanghaipengdd@gmail.com). The download is so poor。

12. bocs

bocs

13. zhp1

zhp1

14. razzraziel

razzraziel

ok we worked on this a little and merged this with nvidia example yesterday. so you can prefracture with @bocs tool and also you can generate your own cubes. we were implementing the use of prefractured objects with nvidia blast but we left the project because we realized prefractured solution is not best for us.

its not much but if you're interested you can generate your own cubes, maybe you can move on from there.
    https://github.com/razzraziel/nvblast_razz

ml785 likes this.
  15. NoxityGames

NoxityGames

It seems that the webpage is offline in 2020, does anyone have an archive copy ?

16. unit_dev123

unit_dev123

try contact OP, he might still be active.

17. Benjames

Benjames

I'm guessing Nvidia Blast doesn't support multiple sub-mesh's. Has anyone found a way around this? [edit] I'm working on a script that edits the normals before it goes through Blast, to keep track of the submesh. Since the normals are retained completely I can set them to something outlandish like (-13,-13,1) so then I know that normal belongs to submesh 1 and so on.
    screen.jpg

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
  18. dima13230_unity

dima13230_unity

Hey bocs, I took latest version of your wrapper and worked on it to make fracture system which is ready for production. I made a system which I called Unity Libre Fracture, it is completely free and open source. There is the link to that:
    https://gitlab.com/dima13230/unity-libre-fracture

19. AntonioModer

AntonioModer

Best, most necessary and important, what need more than other, for realistic destruction:
    Blast Stress Solver

20. askar270296

askar270296

I downloaded the mesh destruction project and there it was written in the requirements that for other platforms you need to go to this forum, in general I cannot use the destruction code on the android platform, but it works in the unit editor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.