Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Number of 'seats' available when using the beta?

Discussion in 'Unity 5 Pre-order Beta' started by adslitw, Dec 22, 2014.

1. adslitw

adslitw

I've just got myself a new (desktop) computer, and tried to install the latest beta of Unity 5. However I can't actually activate it, since apparently the serial is only good for one activation . Is this just because it's in beta?

2. seattlebluesky

seattlebluesky

I'm using Unity 4.6 and Unity 5 Beta on one Mac OS X installation, and Unity 5 on a Windows 7 installation in a VM which happens to be on the same machine. Per the Unity store 'A serial key can be used to activate Unity on up to two physical machines.'. You can manage your licenses here https://store.unity3d.com/account/licenses.

3. adslitw

adslitw

Yep, that's what I thought as well, but that doesn't seem to be the case for me.

"This serial can be used to activate Unity on up to 1 physical machines. Currently this serial key is activated on 1 computer(s)." is the message I'm getting on the manage licenses page...

4. Phelioz

Phelioz

You don't by any chance have a student license? because student license will only activate on one computer.

5. adslitw

adslitw

Nope - Unity 5 update (and Unity 4 shows two available seats as normal)... Maybe it's a Mac thing? (as in you have the beta installed on Windows and on Mac, not two installs on Mac).

6. Josh-Naylor

Josh-Naylor

Administrator

You should have two activations like everyone else even if it's two macs. Try returning your licensees and activating on both machines again.

7. shkar-noori

shkar-noori

Same problem with b18, can get to activate my license, I have returned all the license within the editor but I still get the error telling me that I have activated max licenses..

8. Josh-Naylor

Josh-Naylor

Administrator

Hey @adslitw, I checked your account and for some reason you only had 1 activation assigned, I've changed that to two so you can install 5 on your new desktop too.

@Shkarface Noori, I couldn't find your licence under your email on here so can you message me your email you use for your licences or your license number and we'll sort that for.

If anyone else comes across this problem please contact support (support@unity3d.com) with your license number and a quick explanation and we'll be able to resolve the issue.

9. shkar-noori

shkar-noori

Sent you a PM.

10. adslitw

adslitw

Sorry for the late reply - thanks very much @Josh Naylor!

Josh-Naylor likes this.