Search Unity

NullRefrenceException when trying to build from Editor

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by james7132, Nov 22, 2018.

1. james7132

james7132

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    UnityEditor.Build.Pipeline.Tasks.GenerateBundleCommands.GetSortIndex (System.Type type) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.scriptablebuildpipeline@1.1.1-preview/Editor/Tasks/GenerateBundleCommands.cs:106)
    UnityEditor.Build.Pipeline.Tasks.GenerateBundleCommands.GetSortedSceneObjectIdentifiers (System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] objects) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.scriptablebuildpipeline@1.1.1-preview/Editor/Tasks/GenerateBundleCommands.cs:120)
    UnityEditor.Build.Pipeline.Tasks.GenerateBundleCommands.CreateSceneBundleCommand (System.String bundleName, System.String internalName, UnityEditor.GUID asset, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] assets) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.scriptablebuildpipeline@1.1.1-preview/Editor/Tasks/GenerateBundleCommands.cs:133)
    UnityEditor.Build.Pipeline.Tasks.GenerateBundleCommands.Run () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.scriptablebuildpipeline@1.1.1-preview/Editor/Tasks/GenerateBundleCommands.cs:48)
    UnityEditor.Build.Pipeline.BuildTasksRunner.Run (System.Collections.Generic.IList`1[T] pipeline, UnityEditor.Build.Pipeline.Interfaces.IBuildContext context) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.scriptablebuildpipeline@1.1.1-preview/Editor/Shared/BuildTasksRunner.cs:50)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

Getting this error when trying to complete a build via Build Settings window. This is directly after converting from built in Asset Bundles.

I've tried to purge the AddressableAssetsData folder and the build cache, and neither have changed this.

Unity 2018.3.0b11, Addressables 0.4.8-preview.

I'll try to get a min reproduction of this and submit a bug as soon as reasonable.

2. unity_bill

unity_bill

thanks, I've logged the bug in our system, but as you mentioned, a repro project and official ticket would help too.

3. simba-mupfunya

simba-mupfunya

Just had the same thing happen, all i did was quite simple, dragged a scene to make addressable and tried to build,
    any news about this? Am using 2018.2.16f1