Search Unity

NullReferenceException on play

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by OhiraKyou, Aug 9, 2017.

1. OhiraKyou

OhiraKyou

I'm using a FreeLook Camera with a Cinemachine Collider script on the same object. Both the FreeLook and the Collider work as expected, but I get two each of two separate errors every time I press play.

There's this:
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Cinemachine.CinemachineFreeLook.UpdateRigCache () (at Assets/Cinemachine/Base/Runtime/Behaviours/CinemachineFreeLook.cs:361)
    Cinemachine.CinemachineFreeLook.RemovePostPipelineStageHook (Cinemachine.OnPostPipelineStageDelegate d) (at Assets/Cinemachine/Base/Runtime/Behaviours/CinemachineFreeLook.cs:168)
    Cinemachine.CinemachineCollider.OnDestroy () (at Assets/Cinemachine/Base/Runtime/Behaviours/CinemachineCollider.cs:178)​

and this, below it:
    Some objects were not cleaned up when closing the scene. (Did you spawn new GameObjects from OnDestroy?)​

Versions
    Cinemachine version 2.0.1
    Unity version 2017.1.0f3
    Windows 10

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Thanks for the post. This is a known issue which has been fixed on the CM trunk. Watch out for the next point release, coming soon.

OhiraKyou likes this.
  3. elettrozero

elettrozero

Code (CSharp):
    1. 19289: [Unity] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    2. 19290: [Unity]   at Cinemachine.CinemachineFreeLook.UpdateRigCache () [0x000dd] in /BUILD_PATH/kid-s-revolt.turtle-s-quest.default-windows-desktop-64-bit/Assets/Cinemachine/Base/Runtime/Behaviours/CinemachineFreeLook.cs:361
    3. 19291: [Unity]   at Cinemachine.CinemachineFreeLook.RemovePostPipelineStageHook (Cinemachine.OnPostPipelineStageDelegate d) [0x00009] in /BUILD_PATH/kid-s-revolt.turtle-s-quest.default-windows-desktop-64-bit/Assets/Cinemachine/Base/Runtime/Behaviours/CinemachineFreeLook.cs:168
    4. 19292: [Unity]   at Cinemachine.CinemachineCollider.OnDestroy () [0x00024] in /BUILD_PATH/kid-s-revolt.turtle-s-quest.default-windows-desktop-64-bit/Assets/Cinemachine/Base/Runtime/Behaviours/CinemachineCollider.cs:178
    Are these lines of code making my cloud build fail?

4. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Which version CM?

5. elettrozero

elettrozero

The one from the Asset Store I think...is there a better way to tell?

6. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

7. elettrozero

elettrozero

Updated and now it builds correctly, thanks!