Search Unity

Resolved NullReferenceException in Unity.Physics.Authoring.DisplayBodyColliders+DrawComponent.AppendMesh

Discussion in 'Physics for ECS' started by MNNoxMortem, Nov 21, 2020.

1. MNNoxMortem

MNNoxMortem

Code (CSharp):
    1. NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    2. Unity.Physics.Authoring.DisplayBodyColliders+DrawComponent.AppendMesh (Unity.Physics.MeshCollider* meshCollider, Unity.Mathematics.RigidTransform worldFromCollider, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Unity.Physics.Authoring.DisplayBodyColliders+DrawComponent+DisplayResult]& results) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.physics@0.5.1-preview.2/Unity.Physics.Hybrid/Utilities/DebugDisplay/DisplayCollidersSystem.cs:178)
    3. Unity.Physics.Authoring.DisplayBodyColliders+DrawComponent.AppendCollider (Unity.Physics.Collider* collider, Unity.Mathematics.RigidTransform worldFromCollider, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Unity.Physics.Authoring.DisplayBodyColliders+DrawComponent+DisplayResult]& results) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.physics@0.5.1-preview.2/Unity.Physics.Hybrid/Utilities/DebugDisplay/DisplayCollidersSystem.cs:325)
    4. Unity.Physics.Authoring.DisplayBodyColliders+DrawComponent.BuildDebugDisplayMesh (Unity.Physics.Collider* collider) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.physics@0.5.1-preview.2/Unity.Physics.Hybrid/Utilities/DebugDisplay/DisplayCollidersSystem.cs:342)
    5. Unity.Physics.Authoring.DisplayBodyColliders+DrawComponent.BuildDebugDisplayMesh (Unity.Entities.BlobAssetReference`1[T] collider) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.physics@0.5.1-preview.2/Unity.Physics.Hybrid/Utilities/DebugDisplay/DisplayCollidersSystem.cs:337)
    6. Unity.Physics.Authoring.DisplayBodyColliders+DrawComponent.OnDrawGizmos () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.physics@0.5.1-preview.2/Unity.Physics.Hybrid/Utilities/DebugDisplay/DisplayCollidersSystem.cs:575)
    7. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr, Boolean&)
    For a second everything worked, no idea what I have changed as it is not visible from my git log for some reason, or I do not recognize it and now Unity.Physics and Havok is completly broken again. Opening Havok Visual Debugger, now 100% of the time crashes the Unity Editor.

2. MNNoxMortem

MNNoxMortem

Wow.... for some reason the Unity.Physics package reverted from 0.5.1-preview.2 back to 0.3.... and that caused stuff to break.
    upload_2020-11-21_19-41-1.png
    After manually fixing it back to the latest version everything seems to work again...

Edit: And if someone wonders why I stated "it is not visible in the git log": Unity seems to not always flush that to disk until you save something, like the scene or some update in the package manager that causes manifest.json and packages-lock.json to update.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
    petarmHavok likes this.