Search Unity

Bug NullReferenceException after 2020.3.11f1 update

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Tgundy, Jun 6, 2021.

1. Tgundy

Tgundy

After updating the Application from 2020.3.10f1 to 2020.3.11f1 I started receiving the following error:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Unity.Cloud.Collaborate.UserInterface.CollaborateWindow.OnDisable () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.collab-proxy@1.5.7/Editor/Collaborate/UserInterface/CollaborateWindow.cs:86)

It is a default script that I have made no changes to, and there are no flagged issues inside. I have tried creating new projects and they all have the same error. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and even tried moving to 2021.1.10f1, still the same problem. It doesn't seem to be effecting game physics but I it is causing issues when I try to write a movement script.

Has anyone else encountered this problem after the update, is there a fix?

2. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

That looks like Unity breaking peoples project by gratuitous inclusion of unnecessary software (in this case Collaborate) that 99% of users don't need or want.

Have you tried uninstalling collaborate from the Package Manager? (Windows -> PackageManager)

3. TheNightglow

TheNightglow

I also encountered this problem a while ago and I simply removed Collaborate from the PackageManager to "solve" it :)

I dont use collaborate anyways^^

Kurt-Dekker likes this.
  4. HuldaGnodima

HuldaGnodima

Someone seems to have made a bug-report here:

https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...exception-errors-when-hidden-on-domain-reload

I just voted on it!