Search Unity

Null exception on Edge.cs line 144 where is that came from ?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Chocolade, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Chocolade

Chocolade

I'm using Unity version 2018.3.0f2 Personal

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Tried google didn't find any solution/s. someone said the error resolved it self other suggested to reinstall unity editor.

Everything is working fine but this exception in the editor is annoying.
    I tried to search for Edge.cs in the Assets in the editor but no results.

In the console window when I click on clear it's clearing and removing the exception but then when running the game it's showing the exception again.

Any solution or ideas what can make this exception ?

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    UnityEditor.Graphs.Edge.WakeUp () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Graphs/UnityEditor.Graphs/Edge.cs:114)
    UnityEditor.Graphs.Graph.DoWakeUpEdges (System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] inEdges, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] ok, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] error, System.Boolean inEdgesUsedToBeValid) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Graphs/UnityEditor.Graphs/Graph.cs:387)
    UnityEditor.Graphs.Graph.WakeUpEdges (System.Boolean clearSlotEdges) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Graphs/UnityEditor.Graphs/Graph.cs:286)
    UnityEditor.Graphs.Graph.WakeUp (System.Boolean force) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Graphs/UnityEditor.Graphs/Graph.cs:272)
    UnityEditor.Graphs.Graph.WakeUp () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Graphs/UnityEditor.Graphs/Graph.cs:250)
    UnityEditor.Graphs.Graph.OnEnable () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Graphs/UnityEditor.Graphs/Graph.cs:245)

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Please provide steps to reproduce on a new project.

Chocolade likes this.
  3. Chocolade

Chocolade

Could not find any solution or a way to reproduce the exception. I can't think about anything I did that should make this exception.

The only that helped so far was to close the project and re open it. Now the exception is not show so far.
    It's not a solution but for now it's working.

4. zIyaGtVm

zIyaGtVm

I also find this exception , after I'm doing some change to my timelineasset or some coding things with UnityEditor.GUID.Generate().

5. nick-morhun

nick-morhun

I'm getting this when I hit Play. I'm sure it comes from the Animator tab. Somehow it got corrupted and shows no states, only the parameters of the last opened Controller.

Unity 2019.2.8f1

Code (CSharp):
    1. NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    2. UnityEditor.Graphs.Edge.WakeUp () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Graphs/UnityEditor.Graphs/Edge.cs:114)
    3. UnityEditor.Graphs.Graph.DoWakeUpEdges (System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] inEdges, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] ok, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] error, System.Boolean inEdgesUsedToBeValid) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Graphs/UnityEditor.Graphs/Graph.cs:387)
    4. UnityEditor.Graphs.Graph.WakeUpEdges (System.Boolean clearSlotEdges) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Graphs/UnityEditor.Graphs/Graph.cs:286)
    5. UnityEditor.Graphs.Graph.WakeUp (System.Boolean force) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Graphs/UnityEditor.Graphs/Graph.cs:272)
    6. UnityEditor.Graphs.Graph.WakeUp () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Graphs/UnityEditor.Graphs/Graph.cs:250)
    7. UnityEditor.Graphs.Graph.OnEnable () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Graphs/UnityEditor.Graphs/Graph.cs:245)