Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Null exception in _unity_self

Discussion in '2019.3 Beta' started by Dreamback, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Dreamback

Dreamback

I'm getting this strange null exception, not really sure if it's a 2019.3 issue, a Linux issue, or an HDRP issue.

This is caused by the code:
    Code (CSharp):
    1.         if (myCamera != null)
    2.         {
    3.             myCamera.RemoveAllCommandBuffers();
    4.         }
    Edit:
    Seems to have been fixed by also checking if myCamera.commandBufferCount > 0 before removing command buffers

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
  2. Dreamback

Dreamback

I was wrong, that didn't fix it. I'm still getting that null exception in _unity_self whenever I remove command buffers

3. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Could you please submit a bug report with a minimal reproduction project?

4. richardkettlewell

richardkettlewell

Unity Technologies

Looking at the stacktrace, it seems like you actually have a null CommandBuffer attached to the camera - the null isn't referring to the camera variable.

Sorry the error message isn't very helpful - a bug report would still be useful to help us improve this. Not sure how/why a null CommandBuffer would be attached to the camera, or even if that's something Unity should let you do.

5. howler123

howler123

It is only happening when a Scriptable Object(SO) is visible in the Inspector. If I do not have a SO visible in Inspector, I do not have that issue.

squigglebucket and LordVise like this.
  6. LordVise

LordVise

Yes, I get the same error when a gameobject's script containing an array of SO's is displayed in the inspector. I changed it to a List instead of an array and that seems to have solved the problem.