Search Unity

Npm path not set when installing in unattended mode on Linux

Discussion in 'Unity Accelerator' started by shiena, Jan 18, 2020.

1. shiena

shiena

When running the installer with --mode unattended --enable-legacy true on Linux, the full npm path is not set to NPMPATH in /etc/init.d/unity-accelerator.
    If you use the Setup Wizard without specifying the --mode option, the full path of npm will be set to NPMPATH.
    npm is installed in /usr/bin/npm.

2. daniel-hagstrom

daniel-hagstrom

Yeah, I'm seeing the same thing here.

Code (csharp):
    1. sudo /tmp/unity-accelerator.run --mode unattended --enable-legacy true
    2. Installation has not completed correctly:
    4. Error running ***unknown variable npmpath*** install unity-cache-server: /bin/sh: 1: ***unknown variable npmpath***: not found

3. bradunity

bradunity

This is definitely a bug in our installer that we will open a ticket for fixing. If you require the use of the legacy cache server, I would recommend installing it via NPM normally.

Additionally, if you still want to have the Accelerator running to support 2019.3 and later projects (without support for Collaborate version control caching), you would run something like this:

sudo /tmp/unity-accelerator.run --mode unattended --enable-adbv2 true --enable-collab false

shiena likes this.
  4. shiena

shiena

Thank you. I am working around this bug with a printf hack.
    Code (CSharp):
    1. printf '\n\ny\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n' | sudo /tmp/unity-accelerator-linux-installer.run --enable-collab false --enable-legacy true

bradunity likes this.