Search Unity

Lightning Fast Compilation and Module Management for Unity [Free and Pro]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Stranger-Games, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Stranger-Games

Stranger-Games

Lightning Fast Compilation and Module Management Pro Version

Lightning Fast Compilation and Module Management Free Version
    Get the Source code for free version here.

This release supports windows editor, MAC Unity Editor support is coming soon!

Lightning Fast Compilation and Module Management is a great asset that helps developers working on large projects who need flexibility and to divide the scripts into self contained libraries that compile separately and potentially stored as an independent subrepository.
    Lightning Fast Compilation and Module Management makes you create self contained scripting library with those features:

• Flexibility of having source code with the speed of having a compiled DLL
    • You can have editor code along with run-time code and also Plug-in code in the same library
    • Use platform and custom defined directives as you wish in your library code
    • Your library can be a self contained git subrepository that integrates easily in multiple game's codes
    • If you were using a DLL before, with the new Fast Compilation DLL you can have the same project and you don't have to re-assign MonoBehaviours
    • With 'Lightning Fast Compilation and Module Management for Unity' you will have your DLL compiled and linked with the running version of Unity's assemblies avoiding any compatibility issues.
    • Ability to store plugin code in the same sub folder as your asset
    • Handling custom scripting define symbols for each library independent of player settings
    • Compatibility with assembly definition files introduced to Unity 2017.3 (Pro Only)
    • Converting your existing scripting asset into Fast Compilation Assets (Pro Only)
    • .net 4.0 compatibility (currently pro only but will be added to free version soon)
    • If you have your library in DLL before and convert it to fast compilation library, it can have the same id so you don’t have to reassign (Pro Only)
    • This release supports windows editor, MAC Unity Editor support is coming soon!

Imagine your next big game code. You probably are using a lot of assets code, a lot of your own modular code, and a lot of third party libraries. Things can get messy especially if you need to customize a third party asset or library code for a particular game and manage them as sub-repositories.
    Another problem is everything have to be recompiled if you even added a single line of code to test something out. That can be a nuisance in your Edit Code -> Play Test cycle.
    You might think that compiling some code to DLL solve some of those problems, and you are right, but what if you have updated some define symbols to the source code of the DLL? You will need to leave unity, open visual studio, change the define symbols manually to match unity and recompile, which is quite nuisance if you ask me. Our asset is to automate and organize those kind of processes with a versioning system friendly approach.

More updates are coming soon to both free and pro versions.

Please check the documentation and tutorials.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
  2. SugoiDev

SugoiDev

Hey, what happened to this? It seems it was deprecated from the store.

3. Stranger-Games

Stranger-Games

Thank you for your interest in our asset.
    One of our early adopters is facing a problem with the asset. So we decided to deprecate it until we fix it.
    The good news is that we have already made huge improvements and bug fixes since the first release.
    Expect another release within a day or two.
    We believe that this asset will revolutionize how assets are published and we are making sure to make it as good as we can.
    Please watch this thread to get the latest news.

4. Stranger-Games

Stranger-Games

I have resubmitted the asset to the asset store with a lot of bug fixes, but this time totally free.
    You can get the Source code here until the new free version is published on the asset store.

5. SugoiDev

SugoiDev

Cool, thanks for letting us know!

6. z3nth10n

z3nth10n

Wow, I like this, I would try (with your permission) to implement this on my project: https://gitlab.com/uta-gi/unity-theft-auto-intro

I need it because every time I change anything in the code I need to load the whole game again.

I will be writing the proccess here. :p

7. Stranger-Games

Stranger-Games

Your project is so cool.
    Feel free to use the asset.
    The pro version just got approved by unity below, but you can't include that in your open source project.
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packag...on-and-module-management-for-unity-pro-129862
    The pro version is targeted toward asset and library creators, while the remain version is more geared toward users.
    In the future that will allow asset creators to create their libraries using the pro version and the users can benefit from the fast compilation using the free version.
    Everything is planned to improve hugely in the future.

8. z3nth10n

z3nth10n

Thanks, well, good news are that my project isn't open source. And I will try to implement some kind of obfuscator to protect code from assets and mine.