Search Unity

[Now Free] Create Adaptive A.I. in your games using coAdjoint Orbit

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by coAdjoint, Feb 6, 2014.

1. coAdjoint

coAdjoint

Hi Laura, great to hear that you have things figured out. Sorry that I haven't got back to you, I've had 5 meetings to prepare for this week! We have got a number to offer you for an Action licence for you guys, I'll email you in a little bit.

Teila likes this.
  2. coAdjoint

coAdjoint

Hello everyone,

I've just released a brand spanking new playlist of tutorials for Orbit. Starting from the very basic, the series progresses to using Orbit in a fully fledged, fully downloadable example.

Let me know if you enjoy the tutorials or find them useful.

3. Teila

Teila

Could you please put a link to the tutorials? They will be useful. :) Thanks.

4. coAdjoint

coAdjoint

Sorry, I put it in the opening post of the thread and forgot to put it here!

How have you been getting on Laura? Did you get the light distro dll?

5. Teila

Teila

Hey Tom,

Yes, we did get the dll and we have been using it. Still in the testing phases. Unfortunately, a couple of us were suffering from a stomach bug this weekend so that derailed some of our plans. All is well now but we are a bit behind. :) So far, it all seems pretty good.

I should have looked on the front page of the thread. :eek:

6. coAdjoint

coAdjoint

Good to hear, be sure to fire me an email if you have any questions

7. Teila

Teila

I will do that. We assigned the job to one of our programmers and I will have him contact you if he needs to ask questions. He is currently studying for his college biology exam. lol I guess even future programmers have to take biology. :) So if Ryan contacts you, you will know he is one of ours.

8. Teila

Teila

Tom, the videos are great! However, we really need a bit more info about Action. We want to make sure we take advantage of the opportunity to tie the two together, Orbit and Action, but have not really seen any information on how to do that. I notice that there is pending examples for Action but no videos out.

Also, the morality modeling really intrigues me. Since I will probably be creating these systems, I might be contacting you with some questions before long myself.

Thanks.

9. coAdjoint

coAdjoint

Thanks very much! They took quite a while to do so I'm pleased that they might be useful. You're right that I need to produce more info about Action, I think it's about time that I put a video together. In the mean time, if you have any questions, no matter how silly they might sound, fire them my way.

I suppose it's time that I did some marketing for Action!

Teila likes this.
  10. Teila

Teila

I agree! We are having fun with it even though we are not sure if we are doing it right. lol

11. coAdjoint

coAdjoint

haha that's a good start. I had a nice bloke firing over a number of questions this week with screenshots, it definitely helped to understand some problems that may arise. As a general guide, most of the recommendations I made were in the user guides, but be wary of the fact that Action needs skill levels to start at level 1!

12. Teila

Teila

Yep, That part we did know. Thanks though. :)

13. eliteslayer

eliteslayer

Hi, i have been looking at this kit, but havent seen anything i really want from a kit, so i will ask it here. Can you make advanced FPS AI for an fps kit, like in Cod- Grenades, Knifing, Wandering, Jumping, Flashes, Multiple Weapon Types, secondaries and all that good stuff.

14. coAdjoint

coAdjoint

Hi eliteslayer, you may be interested in my SimpleFSM kit, here's a link:

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/si...e-finite-state-machine-implementation.283981/

15. newmoonstar

newmoonstar

can you use this for a pro-social video game with fun, cooperative game play, instead of raiding for epic gear, and little, if any, combat?

16. coAdjoint

coAdjoint

Hi Newmoonstar,

Absolutely. The system is completely generic, allowing it to be used in any situation you see fit. I've used it to create non-combat game mechanics such as morality-based dialogue systems. If you'd like more assistance could you tell me more about what you have in mind?

17. newmoonstar

newmoonstar

i'll send you a PM of what i was talking about. it'll take a couple of days to filter through and organize my notes of both the ai and game concept.

18. Alexarah

Alexarah

What's up coAdjoint it's been awhile bro. I noticed that Mister Mind and Yumcha never did respond to your post on their UFE thread. This maybe so because of their AI solution for UFE called Fuzzy AI (funny name isn't it?) Anyway I do see where Orbit can really help me on this subject. So if you haven't heard of an rpg toolkit called Plygame made by PL Young Orbit should be able to have player cpu allies adjust to opponents and various situations throughout a game after leveling up after every mission without the player having to command them to do this and that and still worry about them being as dumb as dirt lol. Also after the entire game is finished can I have the ally cpu store what it's learned from playing along side of the player then have it reuse that instead of it learning everything all over again if the player doesn't want it to. Surely Orbit is capable of this right? Even if a load of scripting will be needed I'm all for it! Oh by the way thanks a bunch for the Unity 5 update because I can't possibly work with making AI without Orbit!

19. coAdjoint

coAdjoint

He Alexarah, good to hear from you. Yes you could save the skills from a playthrough, although it wouldn't be up to Orbit to do so - you'd need to save whatever data you are sending to Orbit instead. No worries about the update for Unity 5!

Alexarah likes this.
  20. Teila

Teila

Hey there, are you going to update the Orbit/Action bundle as well? I notice it is behind the individual Orbit. If not, I would like to get a copy of the updated Orbit for Unity 5 please. :)

21. coAdjoint

coAdjoint

The software bundle is in the process of being updated, so keep your eyes peeled :D

Teila likes this.
  22. Teila

Teila

Thanks! :)

23. Alexarah

Alexarah

Hi coAdjoint this has been on my mind for a few days but sorry if this is a stupid question but is Orbit able to make 2d based AI like Rain Indie can although Rain Indie is behavior tree based which I'm not a huge fan of behavior trees anymore after seeing Orbit. Behavior trees from what I've seen aren't half as powerful as machine learning in Orbit!

24. ikemen_blueD

ikemen_blueD

@coAdjoint Hi there, since nowadays, most mobile devices are multi-core processors, do u plan for "multi-threading support", that could save a lot from Frame Rate hit, if using many AI agents?

25. coAdjoint

coAdjoint

Hi ikemen, thanks for you question. The code is pretty well optimised and fast so there's actually no need for multithreading. At run-time the code is effectively doing a table look-up

ikemen_blueD likes this.
  26. pajamajama

pajamajama

Howdy,
    I'm interested in exploring neural networks for gesture recognition and wondering if coAdjoint could be used for my needs.

I have a custom motion controller that is broadcasting orientation, acceleration, and angular velocity data to Unity in real time. I would like to take many 'recordings' from this data set to train a golf swing gesture, and then in real time have the system classify golf swing gestures based on an input stream.

I hope that makes sense! Let me know if this sounds doable with your system.

Cheers!

27. coAdjoint

coAdjoint

Hi pajamajama,

Thanks for getting in touch. Unfortunately I don't think Orbit would be appropriate for your task. I believe there is a Neural Net package on the Unity Asset Store though, perhaps that will help you out! Sounds very cool though, I did some work on the mechanics of bowling in cricket, it's very similar to hitting a golf ball.

28. arcticwind9653

arcticwind9653

Hello,

Honestly I am very impressed after seeing all the video tutorials in YouTube. I'd like to take a look at the source code of the example game Apotheosis. However the link seems to be broken. Can I download it from somewhere else?

cheers!

29. Gekigengar

Gekigengar

Does this work with Unity 5?
    Still updated?

30. coAdjoint

coAdjoint

Yes I can confirm it does

Alexarah and Gekigengar like this.
  31. coAdjoint

coAdjoint

32. Kai-Holmes

Kai-Holmes

Hi, currently trying to get this to work so that I can work on a project of mine. It's currently popping this error message in the console.

Assets/coAdjoint/Orbit/OrbitRegistration.cs(4,14): error CS0234: The type or namespace name `Management' does not exist in the namespace `System'. Are you missing an assembly reference?

33. coAdjoint

coAdjoint

Hi Kai-Holmes, in player preferences you need to set the .Net framework to '.Net 2.0' not '.Net 2.0 subset'.

Cheers,

Tom

34. Kai-Holmes

Kai-Holmes

Hey Tom, Unfortunately that hasn't resolved the issue?

Still the same error.

35. coAdjoint

coAdjoint

Hmmm okay sorry about that, are you on Windows? What version of Unity are you using? Are there other errors?

Cheers,

Tom

36. Kai-Holmes

Kai-Holmes

Unity 2017.2.0 and Windows 10. That's the only error I have.

37. coAdjoint

coAdjoint

Hi Kai, there are some issues with the software in Unity 2017 that I've been made aware of, I hope to have them fixed soon. In the mean time, you can run Orbit in Unity 5 and copy over the built library dlls of your OrbitLibraries to your Unity 2017 project.

Cheers,

Tom

38. Kai-Holmes

Kai-Holmes

Brilliant, thank you very much.

39. Pratik_Jadhav

Pratik_Jadhav

Hi,

I have recently started to use CoAdjoint orbit, and i have found it pretty much interesting as I'm working on machine learning for one of my projects. I feel it gives a good amount of control to the developer.

But, as i say this i have been facing some issue for the past couple of days. After generating the .dll file and pasting it in my project in the assets folder i just cannot use the *using keyword to import the .dll file. It gives me error saying that the .dll is not referenced. I have also set my .NET framework to 3.5. I'm using visual studio community 2017. I have also added the .dll file in the reference and i can see the .dll file in my references but still it doesnt seem to work. I'm using unity 5.6.1.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

40. coAdjoint

coAdjoint

Hi Pratik,

Did you add the UnitySVM.dll into the project?

41. Pratik_Jadhav

Pratik_Jadhav

Yes i did. I followed your tutorial series and added both .dlls (UnitySVM and generated) in my assets folder in my project. Also stating this i can see the UnitySVM file in my references and can also import it using the *using keyword. Unity is allowing me to do so. But its not allowing my to import the generated .dll file from the CoAdjoint project.

Thank you.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
  42. Pratik_Jadhav

Pratik_Jadhav

I got the issue solved. I downloaded unity 5 and opened the project in that. I found the ACE file there which i copied in my project with the UnitySVM and generated .dll file and didnt receive and errors.

43. coAdjoint

coAdjoint

Great stuff

44. ParadoxSolutions

ParadoxSolutions

Is this still supported? Your website can't be found and it doesn't look like there is a package for Unity 2017. I found this looking for something else but I do have projects in education, blockchain and game dev that could benefit from this.

45. coAdjoint

coAdjoint

Hi Firefight,

The system is not really supported. There were some changes to the Unity GUI in 2017 that broke my extensions and there's not enough interest for me to fix it. It's perfectly usable in Unity 5 however and you can import your libraries to 2017 and they'll work. If you have any questions about the software I'm happy to help.