Search Unity

Now Available: InfiniWorlds - Procedural Generation For Infinite Worlds & Megastructures

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Churd, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Churd

Churd

Now available on the Asset Store!

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#!/content/129300

InfiniWorlds:

InfiniWorlds makes it easy to generate infinite world wrapping, from infinite asteroid fields to infinite megastructures or floating island scenes, your imagination is your only barrier.

Simply drag your models into the slots, adjust a few settings, and hit play! InfiniWorlds does the rest of the work for you.

The world wrapping is quite a bit different from other types of infinite generation. The player wraps back around and will eventually end up back at the original starting point, seamlessly without any visual hickups. To the player, it will appear as if it is infinite and seamless.

It is designed for you to use your own 3D models, which you can create in your 3D modeling app, or with ProBuilder, or any way you choose.

You can parent any amount of models to an object, and have that one object wrapped as a singular object. You can also use as many different objects in the world generation to add some variety to your infinite scene.

The benefit to wrapping back to the starting location is that you can implement gameplay elements, such as puzzles, etc, at or near the starting point, and rest assured that the player will not venture off into the distance and skip the content.

The idea was inspired by Manifold Garden, which utilizes a very similar technique.

Here's a link to Manifold Garden for you to get some inspiration for level design using this asset:

Manifold Garden:

Feel free to just play around with the asset for fun or for full development. If you have any questions, feel free to ask here or via support email. Support email link is in the documentation of the asset.

If you have any recommendations, or experience any issues with the asset, please email us at:
    support@deificgames.com

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
  2. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

No links

3. Churd

Churd

Thanks for the heads up! Link added.

4. somosky

somosky

Very cool looking asset. I watched the video and it seems pretty straight forward. If I create something with the same properties will I get the same results every time? Or would the placement of everything be random every time?

5. Churd

Churd

If you want to reduce randomness even further, such as having various objects deliberately next to each other, you can parent them to an empty object, and drag that object over to the list of objects to wrap. It will consider that as one single object for wrapping.

I hope that makes sense. If it doesn't answer your question, just let me know and I'll try to write a better answer.

6. Churd

Churd

I just uploaded an update to this.

Version 1.1 will hit the Unity Store as soon as it's approved!

7. Churd

Churd

Update 1.1 is now live on the Asset Store!

Fixed:
    • The Camera's tag doesn't matter anymore. You can have your camera set to any tag you want, as long as a tag isn't required for any other systems you are using, such as your character controller.

• Shadows will now be properly disabled when "Use Shadows" is left unticked.

• Also updated tooltips and removed some unused files.

8. Churd

Churd

Proud to announce that InfiniWorlds has a 5 star rating!

9. Churd

Churd

Some new models will be coming soon!

10. Churd

Churd

Also, just a heads up:

My next asset release will be a complete Portal Project!

Physics-passthrough Portals!
    Gravity Gun (Physics Carrying) that works through portals!
    Lasers through portals!
    And a custom physics based character controller!

11. Churd

Churd

12. Churd

Churd

I'll be starting a Discord server soon for The Portal Project! This was requested by users of the Indie Game Developer group on Facebook. Will post further details soon, probably in a new thread!