Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

noticiable bad performance of the editor

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by digimbyte, Jun 29, 2019.

1. digimbyte

digimbyte

I've been a big fan and supporter of Unity for a number of years and I've noticed a slow steep in the performance of the editor as a whole.
    while working on larger projects, menu buttons and interacting with the inspector becomes delayed.
    and im not talking about editing code in visual studio and waiting for it to compile. but Alt Tab back into the program to click on a menu, or inspector to edit elements, I would have to wait for the editor to finish doing what ever its background task is before I can access a menu. once its back and working, the editor is fine but if I go back to reading manuals or documentation, I have to go throgh this process again.

there is no compiling icon in the bottom right of the editor, it seems to be a blocking processes in the background and it's getting to a point where it's frustrating to wait for Unity to wake back up.
    i dont know if I can rely on Unity for future projects if performance is going to be hit like this.

and I was wondering if there's a threading issue or a work around that I could do to enhance performance

2. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

3. digimbyte

digimbyte

Looks like my only bet is to disable Auto Refresh, but I use Collab... why can't collab be a manual refresh?
    FFS
    I might cancel our collab and move to a Git Repo