Search Unity

Nothing visible in scene window

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by nullstar, Mar 27, 2012.

1. nullstar

nullstar

Hey there, I was hopeing someone could help me with a problem I'm having with the Unity editor.

A while back whilst using Unity 3.4, after downloading and installing a 3d model asset from the Unity store, almost everything in the scene view within Unity has dissapeared. Non of my models or the unity icons are visible at all, only the 3d transform gizmo and the default grid show. I've tried switching all the different render and gizmo options in the bar under the scene view but no combination makes my assets and icons re-appear.

Thinking the issue might be something to do with the project or assets themselves I loaded some old projects as well as creating a completely new project but they all also fail to display any meshes or icons. As a test I then installed untiy on another computer and loaded one of my projects and everything displays fine on that computer. Therefore this seems to be a permanent state the editor itself has gotten itself into on my main machine and is not related to the projects or assets themselves.

As a last resort I then uninstalled Unity off my main computer and downloaded and installed the lastest version (unity 3.5). However I still get nothing displayed in the scene editor. It used to work fine before on this computer but now it seems nothing I try will make it work.

Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers

2. nullstar

nullstar

No worries, problem solved. In the end I had to dig into my registry and delete the unity entries. I imagine this must have become corrupted somehow and deleting them forced unity to create new default ones.