Search Unity

Nothing showing in Dashboard

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by pcg, Feb 26, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pcg

pcg

I'm currently having trouble getting analytics to show in the dashboard.
    They have been in for a while now (weeks) but I'm not seeing anything. I've activated Ads which are mediated via AdMob and the ads have been marked as targeted for children under 13.

I've tried unlinking and linking again and also unlocking and creating a new project but when I create a new project I get this problem
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/unable-to-see-unity-analytics-data-in-dashboard.1058783/

Any advice would be great. Currently using Unity 2019.4.21

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Same advice applies, it's likely the same issue. Please share a screenshot of your Analytics dashboard otherwise.

3. pcg

pcg

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Got it, then same advice applies. Note the suggested Unity version 2020.1.15f1 and above ( but avoid Unity 2020.2)

5. pcg

pcg

So are you saying the current LTS version does not work with Analytics?

6. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

I mentioned the versions quite specifically. Widening a bit, 2018 works but 2019 probably not. One thing I should mention, you can install multiple versions of Unity on the same system, just install to a different folder. You could enable Analytics in a supported version, then revert to the Unity version of your choice. Analytics should remain enabled.

7. pcg

pcg

Sorry I was just a little bit taken back by a Long Term Support version no longer being supported but thanks.

8. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

To work around the issue, open a new/empty project in a working Editor version (2020.15f1 and higher but less than Unity 2020.2) and link it to the same ProjectID. Then enable Analytics. Upon returning to your LTS version, you should see Analytics as enabled.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2021
  9. pcg

pcg

I probably wasn't clear in the original post. I thought everything was enabled with my original Unity Dashboard project. Here is the dashboard to the linked product.

The thing is I've not seen any analytics despite having this setup for a couple of weeks now and i've been testing the game during development in both editor & on device. I would have expected to see something in DAU and also the AdSkip events I'm sending.

With the above in mind I thought I'd try creating a new project on the Unity Dashboard (from unity) and link to this instead but thats when I got the problem of the Dashboard not being enabled.

I've just downloaded the version you suggested and I'll try linking to the new project on Unity Dashboard to see if this helps.

Attached Files:

10. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

@pcg Got it! Yeah if your Dashboard is already working there are no other steps you need, sorry for the misunderstanding. So the capture you provided is when you browse to "Go to dashboard.." from the Unity Editor with the project loaded? And you have now resolved the issue with dashboard not being enabled on the new project by following my suggestions, correct? So we are talking about 2 separate issues in this thread now. To your original issue of events not showing, I might suggest that you use Charles Proxy to confirm. Add the charlesproxy.unitypackage to your project and create a new build and test on your device. It's a very handy tool to diagnose issues like this, I use it daily. This will tell us if the Editor and the device are sending Analytics events, and will confirm to which ProjectID (and Dashboard) the events are associated https://support.unity.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002917683-Using-Charles-Proxy-with-Unity

pcg likes this.
  11. pcg

pcg

After yesterdays unlinking and linking from Unity 2019.4 LTS I today have some events coming through to the Dashboard. I had left it 5 hours before contacting the forums but it seems that was not long enough but today success so all is good. As a few people have mentioned its a shame the livestream was depreciated, it would have stopped my forum trigger finger.

Thanks for the link to Charles Proxy, its not something I've come across before and I'm sure it will be very helpful.

12. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

I believe you mean the Editor Validator that was visible once you enable Analytics. Livestream was a much less than useful UI and served no real business purpose. It was fun to look at at an event kiosk perhaps but otherwise not entirely useful, we had a long discussion around that. No data was output, only UI. If Analytics was not properly enabled, Livestream would not be expected to work either. We are aware there is no feedback in the Editor once Analytics is enabled and are working to address that.

pcg likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.