Search Unity

Not using GI... but getting error messages! [v5.1.2f1]

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by Teku-Studios, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Teku-Studios

Teku-Studios

Hi there.

We are working on a 2D sprite-based game (currently in our final development weeks! woohoo!!) and we recently upgraded to Unity 5.

The port is OK so far and we barely encountered any issues. However, since we upgraded to Unity 5, after I create a new scene, even after removing the original Camera and Light objetcs that are placed there by default, I keep getting these error messages everytime I create or modify a sprite that is marked as full static ('Everything'):

· Mesh doesn't have normals. Please create some for Enlighten.
    · Failed opening GI file: '[whatever].ppg'.

How can I solve those? I have no lights in any scene, but I'm worried about those warnings (and I can't really find anything concerning them). Maybe we don't need some of the statics that are related to lighting? Could those messages break the game or affect performance, or they only appear in the Editor?

Thanks for your time.

P.S.: In Window > Lighting I can disable the Precomputed Realtime GI and Baked GI flags, is it related to this problem?

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
  2. SpiriTx

SpiriTx

Graphics QA

Hey,

Please disable Auto mode in the Lighting window. This mode makes baking of lightmaps automatic and considering that marking an object static, also marks it as lightmapping static, system starts baking and probably fails due to it being a sprite.

Screen Shot 2015-07-31 at 18.19.48.png

3. Teku-Studios

Teku-Studios

Thanks a lot!

4. OleksandrMartysh

OleksandrMartysh

Thank you very much!
    I had the same problem, but now i am free of it, because of your advice!

5. jtok4j

jtok4j

Saved! Thank-you so much !