Search Unity

Not Usable for me Yet

Discussion in 'EditorXR' started by Sixer, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Sixer

Sixer

I got everything set up with Rift+Touch. It worked great, until it crashed. And kept crashing over and over. I know it's experimental so I figured it might be rough. The UI however is great! I can see using this all the time in level and scene building once it's ready! Also, there was no way to log into the Unity asset store. Logins failed.
    I will definitely try it again in the spring. For now, switching back to 5.5 for work.

(If it's any help to the dev team, the crashes always happened while manipulating the scale of an object in the inspector. I think I physically turned the object off axis before changing the scale too.)

2. DylanU

DylanU

Unity Technologies

Thank you for trying out EditorVR. Apologies for the issue you've experienced. If you'd like to send us your crash log, we'd be happy to look into potential causes of the issue: editorvr@unity3d.com

3. mtschoen

mtschoen

Unity Technologies

The current workaround for the asset store issue is to use another Unity install to download the SteamVR package.
    Unity saves all of your AssetStore downloads in your user's AppData. So if you've already downloaded SteamVR, it'll be in

%APPDATA%\Roaming\Unity\Asset Store-5.x\Valve Corporation\Scripting