Search Unity

Not sure if this is a Unity issue or me, probley me

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Kiwi-Hawk, Oct 11, 2016.

1. Kiwi-Hawk

Kiwi-Hawk

Kia ora

I made a terrain (with World Creator in case it matters) I got it textured and was running round testing no worries at all. I tried to had a new hair to the char I had loaded (third person BTW) but when I went to test it I fall right through the terrain,. I removed all the imported item from the hair to turn my level to before I stated with the hair
    but still fall through the terrain. reloaded without saving but I still fall through the terrain I have NO idea why, what or how I got to this point. any idea's pretty please

Unity 5.3.5f1 (64-bit) BTW

2. Kiwi-Hawk

Kiwi-Hawk

Made a new scene and tried regenerating my terrain

As soon as I run the char I fall trough the terrain and get this in the console

DestroyBuffer can only be called from the main thread.
    Constructors and field initializers will be executed from the loading thread when loading a scene.
    Don't use this function in the constructor or field initializers, instead move initialization code to the Awake or Start function.
    UnityEngine.ComputeBuffer:Finalize()

3. worldcreator3d

worldcreator3d

You hit Play and the Character just falls through the terrain?

If you have setup colliders and made sure that they are also non tiggers THEN I can tell you what is going wrong because I had the same issue :)

The problem on my side was that I had too many trees placed on the terrain. Unity terrain has a checkbox for inside the Terrain Collider called "Enable Tree Colliders" (click on the terrain and check the inspector). Disable this and you char will not fall through the terrain anymore :) - sadly, no collision with trees will be handled also anymore :(

The only solution I have found is to either reduce the tree amount OR make sure you have not placed too many colliders for a single tree instance (SpeedTree trees usually have more than collider attached to one single tree).

Hope that helps :)