Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Not supporting RTX on my rtx 2070

Discussion in 'HDRP Ray Tracing' started by Ruchir, Dec 30, 2020.

?

Has this happened before?

1. yes

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Ruchir

Ruchir

For some reason, my laptop (RTX 2070, i7-9750H) is not supported for ray-tracing in HDRP 10.2.2(unity 2020.2.0f1)??
    HD-RTX_Bug.png
    Is there something missing,
    I had been wondering why half of the time the effects weren't working and left these feature out of frustration
    :(

2. chap-unity

chap-unity

Unity Technologies

Hello, first, be sure that the "HDRP + DXR" tab is all green (Window > Render Pipeline > HD Render Pipeline Wizard). After that, there's a few reasons why this message can appear :
    You seem to be good on the GPU side and on the Graphic API side (DX12), but it can also be that you don't have the proper version of operating system (Windows version at least 1809) and or Nvidia Graphics drivers up to date.

You can also test what this static variable returns : UnityEngine.SystemInfo.supportsRayTracing, usually, you get this message when this variable returns false.

Finally, might be silly, but on some laptop, graphics drivers sometimes default to the integrated graphic card (instead of the RTX) making ray tracing not supported, you can check which GPU is used with this static vartiable SystemInfo-graphicsDeviceName to be sure and can force using the RTX one on the Nvidia graphic drivers

Ruchir likes this.
  3. Ruchir

Ruchir

Yeah it turns out at some point I had changed Nvidia control panel settings to force unity to use integrated graphics for some debugging purpose and forgot to disable it :oops:

chap-unity likes this.