Search Unity

[NOT REPRODUCIBLE] Dutch not applying on first frame after cut to virtual camera?

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by jamespaterson, Nov 19, 2019.

1. jamespaterson

jamespaterson

Hi,

I have run into a bit of an odd bug which I can workaround but I was wondering if anyone else had seen this. Essentially, I have a cutscene which is enabled by setting active a little hierarchy of objects:

Top object (with playable director etc)
    -> virtual cam 1
    -> virtual cam 2

When the top object is enabled the playable director kicks off with a cinemachine track and so forth. This starts with vcam 1 and then eventually mixes to vcam 2. The issue is when enabling I cut to cam 1, and for one frame only dutch does not work. After this frame it immediately snaps in and works normally.

Any help appreciated!

Best,

jamie

P.S. Really like cinemachine!

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

I can't repro that. What versions of Unity and CM are you using?

3. jamespaterson

jamespaterson

Thanks for the response. I am on quite old versions, will send info and try to reproduce in an empty project asap.

4. jamespaterson

jamespaterson

Hi, thanks again for your fast response. I must admit in a minimal project I could not reproduce either. So I think it must be something to do with the object pooling or other complex stuff which is going on in the real project. I have a workaround which is to enable the object with the virtual camera in advance, with priority -1 (less than regular camera, so it does not show). Just in case anyone else experiences this, I am on 2018.3.7f1 and cinemachine 2.2.9