Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Not Recognizing Store Game ID

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by XDortmund, Nov 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XDortmund

XDortmund

2. ClaireO

ClaireO

Hi,

You are receiving these errors as we're experiencing store detail refreshing issues due to problems in another service.

It'll hopefully be resolved by itself shortly.

You can monetize your game with Unity Ads even though your store details aren't set yet so don't worry in that regard.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

3. JaQQeri

JaQQeri

I am having the same problem. Is it still this same fault?

4. danilonobre

danilonobre

5. dyego133

dyego133

I'm having the same problem too.

6. dyego133

dyego133

It´s ok now. thx.

7. PoppinFresh

PoppinFresh

I've been having the same issue now for days with no change or assistance from the ticket I submitted.

8. jimsell

jimsell

I am still having this issue as well. But apparently it doesn't matter? Then why is this an option in the first place?

9. PoppinFresh

PoppinFresh

I'm pretty sure it does matter as that is how the advertisement for your app connects people to the Google Play store to download your app. You still can can monetize your game with Unity Ads, meaning that your app will still show other peoples ads and make money that way. However, if you can't advertise your app, then no one will download your app and you're not going to be making much money.

10. Tuco

Tuco

This is not working for me at the iTunes App Store, keeps returning the red box. Anyone else having the same problems?

11. ClaireO

ClaireO

This issue should now have resolved itself.

@Tuco if you are still having issues, please submit a ticket and we can review your individual case

12. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

I'm having the same problem today (the first time I've ever tried it). But I wonder if, in my case, it's because my app is still Waiting for Review (in iTunesConnect).

Should it accept a store ID for an app that's not actually released yet, or not?

13. ClaireO

ClaireO

Hi JoeStrout,

Yes, your game would need to be published onto the store. If you find that you are still having issues once Apple have released your app, then please let us know :)

TheOneLeftOut likes this.
  14. lkf820209

lkf820209

Hello~ ClaireO
    My game is for iOS, published on App Store.
    but skill have the same problem. (red box)
    now, what should i do?

15. ClaireO

ClaireO

Hi :)

Can you PM me your game ID (from ads dashboard) and your store ID (from Apple). I can add this info for you.

Thanks

16. stalhandske

stalhandske

17. ClaireO

ClaireO

Hi @stalhandske

That shouldn't cause the problem.

I can try to enter the information from my end. Please, can you PM me your game ID and I can add this for you :)

18. stalhandske

stalhandske

I tried again and now it worked. Thanks for the answer though @ClaireO :)

19. GiyomuGames

GiyomuGames

Hello! :)

Out of curiosity, what is exactly the point of linking the ads service to the store game ID? As you mentioned it works without it, so what does it do exactly?

20. jeremiespoken

jeremiespoken

Currently experiencing the same thing now :( Any resolution on this?

21. oleksandr_matviishyn

oleksandr_matviishyn

22. SaltwaterAssembly

SaltwaterAssembly

Can unity only find the id once the app is published to the store?

23. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

Correct, we're querying Apple App Store and Google Play Store for the game information. However you can wait linking it to store info until after release.

/Rasmus

24. Skyler_Hawkins

Skyler_Hawkins

I've been having this issue all day, at this point the game has been released for over 14 hours and it still will not let me type in the ID.... I have noticed that I also still can not search the App Store for my game either, I have to look for another one of my games then go to the section that list my other games before I can find it.

I'm assuming since I can't find it in the App Store yet, that why I can't find to add to Unity Ads.

Also...

This was stated a while ago, but I noticed that is $0.00 on all my App Store graphs.

Never mind, I just saw I'm up to $0.53!!!!!

****Update****

I just woke up and check back on it this, I can now search my game in the App Store by name and guess what? I can now type in the App ID into Unity Ads and find it there too.

So, I think this error must just real late to App Store processing you app and being able to find it publicly.

bottom line, "Give it some time."

Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
  25. Giritech

Giritech

Hi I have one query
    if I want to add Unity ads on an application which is not in play store or app store, can I add unity ads for those?

26. ClaireO

ClaireO

Hi Giritech,

Unity Ads will not work if it is not linked to either the Google Play or Apple App stores.

Hope this helps!

27. valentin-shemchuk

valentin-shemchuk

Hello Unity!
    I have some problem. I added Unity ads to my project with correct ID and created dashboard in Unity ads (operate.dashboard.unity3d.com) without giving a link to my app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.VaSheGames.ColorNinja . Ads work on app correctly, but i am not sure i will give reward of this because didnt link it in dashbord. Sorry for bad English and please help me

28. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

Hi @valentin-shemchuk. Don't worry, your game will still make revenue from showing ads, without the store url to your game. But just go and update the link in dashboard afterwards. this way we will get a bit more information about your game from the store, like category of game etc.

/Rasmus

29. valentin-shemchuk

valentin-shemchuk

30. ghedo

ghedo

I added Unity ads to my game but in dashboard in Unity ads i see the message "No data for this time period". I can't add google play ID to my game in the dashboard because it becomes red. Ads work on app correctly, but I have earned 0$. What's the problem?

31. beatbullgames

beatbullgames

I can't add store IDs on beginning. Than i go to Project Settings > Scroll down to Store IDs and add them there. Works for me, I hope it helps ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.