Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

"... not in the connected player list.."

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Spoink, Aug 13, 2011.

1. Spoink

Spoink

Hey hey,

While I were coding a lobby for my network game I got an exciting error which was new to me
    "A client which was not in the connected player list disconnected. ???"
    NetworkManager.cpp at line: 1945

It took me half an hour of debugging before I figured out that I called the Network.Connect() on every Update.
    So if you stumble upon this error, check how many times you try to connect to your server.

2. Dreamora

Dreamora

Optimally you connect once and if you get OnConnect...Failed then you reconnect or inform the user and let him decide if he wants to reconnect or switch to a different running game / host one himself.

but its an interesting error, did you by error react to onconnect success handler and tried to do something? in that case I would understand it cause you "pull the carpet" on which your code runs with the new connect ^^

3. Spoink

Spoink

Heh, yeah.. but I implemented a quick'n'dirty way of halting the user so he could hear the button down sound before going to the next scene, which ended up by having the Network.Connect call in the Update loop without proper bool.ing around it ^^

and nah, I never reached the onconnect success, I pissed off the server before that I guess ^^