Search Unity

Not Enough Space?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by JimDeadlock, May 31, 2019.

1. JimDeadlock

JimDeadlock

I'm brand new to Unity and I'm trying to install a Unity version via the Hub but it complains about not enough space. I've googled this and seen others complaining about it but haven't found any solutions. Is this a known thing and how do I get around it, short of having to mess around with resizing my root partition (which I'm perfectly happy with thanks)?

2. mageaster

mageaster

There are two types of space that might be not enough. First one is the space where the Hub temporarily downloads the archive, and there is no option (at least a can not find it) to change the location. Looks like it is /tmp. Second place is where the Editor itself is placed and it may be in your /home folder, you can change the exact location by pressing the gear icon in the upper right corner.

3. lukehutch

lukehutch

I have the same issue. /tmp is mounted on a different partition from /home on my machine, and although /home has plenty of space, /tmp only has 3GB available, so I can't even download the base Unity image.

I also can't find the direct download links for the latest Linux versions. Can someone point me to this please, so I can bypass this problem with Unity Hub?

HZ51 likes this.
  4. JooleanLogic

JooleanLogic

All the download links are written to the hub log in /home/user/.config/UnityHub/logs/info-log.json.
    Start the download in hub, cancel it and then open the log file. You'll see near the end of the file all the direct https links.

HZ51 likes this.
  5. docsavage

docsavage

For info on latest versions I recommend this thread - https://forum.unity.com/threads/unity-on-linux-release-notes-and-known-issues.350256/page-2

In theory though the hub should always have all versions on that. Hope this helps.

6. docsavage

docsavage

Hi,

I had same problem. Only installed Linux yesterday. I ended up redoing the install as it was apparent that the folder for apps would fill quickly.

One thing to consider though is what installer you can use. On mint I did an install and set up all the partitions and then hit that problem you have. Thing is mint ships with 2 installers. One is called Calamare and that does all the partition work and layout for you. Plus it's a different type of layout. I'm too newb to know of any pros/cons but really happy with how well it worked. If you have Calamare as an option for installing your distro I can recommend it .