Search Unity

Not displaying Atlas texture in Scene view

Discussion in '2D' started by Vanz, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Vanz

Vanz

Is there a way to not have my whole Atlas texture be displayed over my animated object in the Scene view? Not a bif deal but I would just like to see one from of my Atlas texture over my object...

Thanks,

Vanz

2. unitylover

unitylover

Are you talking about a sprite sheet? If so, you'll need to set the import settings of the texture to support multiple sprites and then setup your sprite slices.

If not, a screenshot showing the problem would help.

3. Deleted User

Deleted User

please post a picture

4. Vanz

Vanz

In the video below look at 5:45:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1L1-le4foI

My Texture Atlas is bigger with more stuff on it, so in the scene view all my objects look like crap. Basically I'd really like to be able to have every object in my scene view show what the object actually looks like not a messy Atlas texture... hope that made sense...

Thanks,

Vanz

5. dilmerval

dilmerval

Can you post a screenshot of what you have so far? I can't tell what's what you're talking about based on your details.

6. Vanz

Vanz

Here's my test Atlas of some sample animations:
    $NJ5Ci3J.png

Here's my Atlas after I add it to 2 quad objects:
    $70QUCK6.png

Here's how the animations look after I hit "Play"
    $UMV3Zsm.png

So basically in my other bigger project I have 20 objects, and each one is really hard to tell apart when working in the SCENE view, I'd really like each object in the SCENE view to be one frame from within my ATLAS not the ENTIRE ATLAS... hope that made sense...

Thanks,

Vanz

Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
  7. Vanz

Vanz

Is this not possible in Unity?

8. Invertex

Invertex

How come you're using Quad objects instead of the Sprite system? Just drag the sprite from your texture's folder into the scene and it will create a special Sprite surface that's handled internally.

As for making it show only a sub-sprite, have you made a prefab of the whole thing yet? Once you do that, the prefab can be updated with states that show up in editor view. It works for me, only have 1 frame showing in Editor of my idle stance.