Search Unity

'Not Dead Enough'- a zombie apocalypse simulator- now in production!

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by dtg108, Nov 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dtg108

dtg108

The terrain won't be permanent.

2. commander566

commander566

$sample.jpg

I got the m1911a1 modelled and textured how's it look?

3. dtg108

dtg108

looks great!

4. levijgraham

levijgraham

The textures are from unity terrain assets lol (of course there hideous) There really is no button for running just hold w and you will reach max speed.

Beautiful hand gun.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
  5. Nightmare Games

Nightmare Games

Im having trouble adding hair to the charecter so I might need someone to do that for me, In my opinion it is coming along great,I will post a picture of the head so far within an hour since tommarow I wont be able to work on it,

On monday I will start on the body

and amazing gun

6. levijgraham

levijgraham

Sounds good can't wait to see it.

7. dtg108

dtg108

can't wait to see it!!

8. Nightmare Games

Nightmare Games

Ok here it is:
    $4.PNG $1.PNG $2.PNG $3.PNG

I just threw in some random texture from google lol, but I want to get it to the point where it looks realistic, Im not a good texturerer as you can see, so we will need someone to make textures for this charecter,

If anyone would like to see it untextured just ask and I will do it

Here are my plans for the body as dtg108 requested:
    • medium muscle build
    • tall
    • skinny

Here are some stats so far about the model:
    • 43390 verticies
    • 43232 faces
    • Memory 10.00 m(29.82m)
    I don't know if this is low poly but there is alot of vericies I can still combine as well as reduce the number of faces

9. levijgraham

levijgraham

That's an extreme number of vertices. The final model you may want to reduce it. Look's good face is a little narrow though and mouth and eye shapes are funky.

10. Nightmare Games

Nightmare Games

thanks, I'll have no problem reducing the verticies, as well as changing the eyes but Im having some difficulty with getting a good shape for the mouth

How do I find the poly count? What would be the goal for the overal poly count(once the charecter is finished) to be?

This is still far away as I want to have him as realistic as possible. I will be adding viens as well as stretch marks to have that apacolypse look in the end

I gave him a narrow face so he can have a unque look, but I hope its not too narrow

11. levijgraham

levijgraham

It might be the mouth and eye's throwing it off. I'd say 10-5 thousand vertices is good.

12. TVE

TVE

What program are you modeling with? I think it is blender and if so, you need to sculpt it. Sculpt the inside of the ears, then the nose, then the eye lids, then the mouth. Then start extruding, and reshaping. :] Next form face detail, and improve features. Then finish off the modeling of the head with ambient occlusion. Good luck! :]

My zombie head as an example of the sculpting/modeling and ambient occlusion. I am finishing up the body now. :]

13. dtg108

dtg108

Great work on the zombie and human, haven't been able to talk. Yes, the vertices will have to be reduced, but great work so far.

14. dtg108

dtg108

Thanks to our great programmer Levi, who I didn't know was an artist, we now have a zombie that will go along yours TVE. He finished this just today! It still has to be textured and clothes added, but great work! Can't wait to see yours as well, TVE.

$Untitled.png

15. dtg108

dtg108

Textured zombie done by Levi, sending it off to be animated :D

$Untitled (1).png

16. tapanui

tapanui

17. dtg108

dtg108

Don't know if it showed up, here's the textured zombie done by Levi:

Attached Files:

18. dtg108

dtg108

Awesome logo by tapanui:

$takeemout_zps56f84cd9.jpg

19. dtg108

dtg108

It's coming together, it's coming together! So excited to be a part of this, it's truly an amazing experience! Thank you to all of our fans for supporting us!

20. dtg108

dtg108

21. dtg108

dtg108

$Untitled (2).png

Great work, Levi!

22. levijgraham

levijgraham

23. dtg108

dtg108

Great, I'll test it tomorrow :D

24. tapanui

tapanui

looks great but advice keep that stuff to privet chat

25. TheRealFuzz

TheRealFuzz

Just played the latest web player and the camera was non stop bouncing around and I think you need to tone down the camera shake while running, it just makes me feel sick and that doesn't happen when I run in real life.

Good start though and I love the camera switch options.

26. levijgraham

levijgraham

that is because your hungry and/or possibly hurt. There are items(Giant White Cubes) lying around. Pick them up and eat the food in your inventory.

27. TheRealFuzz

TheRealFuzz

So my screen annoyingly bounced around non-stop because I spawned hungry and hurt? I'm pretty sure when I'm really hungry or thirsty I don't start violently shaking around until I feel like vomiting. I can see that there is a coloured hunger and thirst HUD which is an adequate representation so I don't see why there needs to be that ridiculous screen shaking.

28. levijgraham

levijgraham

The effect isn't setup properly it will only be when your really starving. While your character wither's away. A'll of that is just for testing purposes and will be changed in the future :) It will be more of a last minute warning sign that you need to eat quick. The human body has major problem's functioning properly when deprived of water or food. I was thinking maybe making it sway instead with a few jerks and twitches, It would probably make more sense.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
  29. Schlumpfsack

Schlumpfsack

Some crits:
    please don't use this thread like a forum. Triple posting etc.
    your thread is always on top with little and tiny updates.
    For me i mostly ignored it most of the time because it was just random small stuff that bumped it up and i would be more interested in having a weekly update.
    the models of the human or the zombie are not real-time ready at all.
    the zombie that was just sculpted in mudbox (STUDENT version) is A:high poly B: not allowed to be used in a commercial game

while the shotgun looks ok i would like to know the tris-count.

Regards and good luck with the project

Schlumpfsack

30. TVE

TVE

Why do you need to know tri count? It is not like that effects you, it effects our gameplay. :] Also some people like to be updated alot, just skip over it for a while then check in if you want larger updates. We try and answer questions and post daily stuff. I am making the zombie model for game in blender, as I am sure you saw my head model photo. :] It will be medium poly, and good texture resolution. Thanks for your comment!

31. tutugah

tutugah

As dtg suggested I started to work on my farm house. Here is the main building, I will start texturing soon, but tell me what you think.

32. dtg108

dtg108

It looks great. How's the terrain coming?

33. janiashvili

janiashvili

haha, can we make him shoot his own body parts?
    (Like zombies in original Quake; he had same color)

to be sure its low poly(it doesn't look so)

@tutugah
    it needs a lot of little details

Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
  34. commander566

commander566

The shotgun with the collapsible stock has a polycount under 7k ish most of the polygons r in the heatshield, if u delete that it drops a considerable amount, the fixed stock shotgun in a earlier post i have a page on turbosquid you can look at it has some wire meshes, https://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/716572 if u really desire the exact poly count i can do that later i can't atm

35. janiashvili

janiashvili

well, if you'll sell that model like that, you can't include that in this game I think

36. Nightmare Games

Nightmare Games

I enjoy the frequent updates :)

Im going back to work on the charecter hope to have something to show before today ends

and do we have someone who can texture? I have no experience at texturing

37. TVE

TVE

to be sure its low poly(it doesn't look so)

-All models will be good quality, we do not need to go over details because you will be able to test and give feed back. That is not necessary to share, as we will decide on count for best quality game. Thanks for comments, I don't mean to sound stubborn, but it really is not necessary to talk about that. :] If they want to tell you thats there decision, sorry if I am wrong. :]

38. commander566

commander566

Why not i own the rights to the model.

39. Eiznek

Eiznek

I agree with this. Seems like you are using the WIP Forum Thread as your main source of communication instead of showing your work that is being done. Some of the points are valid but many many of these are not.

40. levijgraham

levijgraham

If this forum was our main source of communication it would be a very long chat... We talk in chat program's and use other mean's to communicate. Lame we can't use my model :( I did not know that... Anyways it is low poly it just has insane bump mapping. The reason being for frequent updates is to get feedback on everything possible. It's really helped to polish up the character controller.

41. TVE

TVE

We are responding to comments, not communicating. We comment on each others work, and answer. :] Its just like any other.

42. TVE

TVE

Yes it was a nice model, however I am still making mine, so at least we have 1. :] It will be medium poly. I am trying to make it as best as I can with my limitations.

43. Eiznek

Eiznek

You just double posted to talk to me and then comment on his post. If you were working with him all you'd have to do is be on Skype and be like "Hey nice model"

Commenting on each others work in this thread that your supposedly communicating by other means is kind of ridiculous.

44. HolBol

HolBol

Though a triangle count would be lovely. :p

45. TVE

TVE

We like to give each other constructive ideas, and rather than staying privately we leave it open for unity community to add in. We try and get as many ideas for best results. I am sorry you feel the way you do about it. :] Thanks for awesome comments, we respect all opinions.

46. TVE

TVE

Hey all,

Alright new update with body!!! No texture nor ambient occlusion, just the model. I will now sculpt/texture, and then it will be ready for rig/animation. All stay tuned. :] Enjoy!!!

3/4 done. texture + details left. Wish me luck! :]

Constructive Criticism, Encouraged.

47. levijgraham

levijgraham

H'mmm I would add sculpting detail's before you texture. Like bumpy skin and bony body part's. Thin him out a little bit ;) Make him look deteriorated. Base is great though look's ready for the final shaping. Bake the the normal map's and other textures from the high poly model.

48. TVE

TVE

Yes, I am sculpting first, and I will do that. :] I am going for 5 layer texture. Normal, diffuse, ambient occlusion, detail, specular.

49. dtg108

dtg108

We have plenty of people to texture :D

50. dtg108

dtg108

Actually, I agree with the others, we have a place to private chat, we come here to post and join in on others so we can talk and get better results :) You replying is actually just making it more of a post count..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.