Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Not Connected to Collab Error

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by aliendome, Jan 16, 2018.

1. aliendome

aliendome

Whenever I open Unity and select my project I first wait for the "Unity Package Manager" progress bar to finish. Once it finishes and the Unity Editor is up I get a not connected to Collab error. The drop down in the top right corner says "Not connected to Collab. The information below might not be up to date. Reconnecting..." Even after waiting nothing happens. I also get the console error message:

"InvalidOperationException: Collab_ErrNotConnected
    UnityEditor.Collaboration.Collab.InternalGetRevisionsData (Boolean withChanges, Int32 startIndex, Int32 numRevisions)
    UnityEditor.Collaboration.Collab.GetRevisionsData (Boolean withChanges, Int32 startIndex, Int32 numRevisions) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Collab/Collab.bindings.cs:25)
    UnityEditor.Collaboration.RevisionsService.GetRevisions (Int32 offset, Int32 count) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Collab/RevisionsService.cs:47)
    UnityEditor.Collaboration.CollabHistoryPresenter.OnUpdatePage (Int32 page) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Collab/Presenters/CollabHistoryPresenter.cs:210)
    UnityEditor.Collaboration.CollabHistoryPresenter.OnCollabStateChanged (CollabInfo state) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Collab/Presenters/CollabHistoryPresenter.cs:109)
    UnityEditor.Collaboration.Collab.OnStateChanged () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Collab/Collab.cs:269)"

My workaround is to go to the Collab History tab and click "Restore" on the most recent update. The connection is back to normal and I can Publish again. This, however, doesn't seem to reconnect if I make changes and save those changes first before clicking "Restore". It's also a problem if I save changes, don't publish, close unity or unity crashes, then open unity again since every time I reopen Unity I get this error.

The same thing is happening on my coworker's computer at a different location. Collab Dropdown Error.png Console Error.png

Edit: This happened when using 2017.3.0b10 as well as when we updated to the beta 2018.1.0b2

Could clicking "Archive" under "Manage Storage" in the Unity Dashboard cause this to happen?
    I "Unarchived" but it said it could take up to 6 hours.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
    NatiSFG likes this.
  2. Kyuugatsu

Kyuugatsu

Unity Technologies

Hi! We've made major changes to the history window, and it looks like this may be a related bug. We'll work on root causing this and fixing it ASAP. In the meantime, the following workaround might help:

- Close the history window before exiting the Editor (you can open this window after launching the editor)

We haven't actually been able to reproduce this issue on our side yet, we might get in touch for more details.

The same issue should not be occurring in 2017.3.x - please let us know if you've confirmed that you see the same errors in the console.

Lastly, this error will remain showing, but you are actually connected correctly - it shouldn't be affecting your ability to publish. Please let me know if this is incorrect.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
    NatiSFG likes this.
  3. aliendome

aliendome

Yes this workaround got rid of the console error and the drop down error all together. Publishing is working now on start up. Thanks for the quick response.

As for the 2017 version error I don't think it was the console error but instead just the drop down. Might of just been a connection issue. Xx

4. dCalle

dCalle

am having the same Issue with 2018.1b4. Had a collab history window docking but not open. Worked in 2017.3.
    Hope you're getting rid of the bug ;-)

5. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @dCalle! Yes, we are working on a fix for this bug now. We hope to get it in by the next beta.

dCalle likes this.