Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Not compatible with multi-scene setup [0.1.2]

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by xVergilx, Jun 25, 2018.

1. xVergilx

xVergilx

I'm unable to run the asset completely, in the multi-scene setup. This is on Fast / Virtual.
    When I just press play I get following error:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.
    2. System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.Object,UnityEngine.AddressableAssets.ContentCatalogData+DataEntry].Add (System.Object key, UnityEngine.AddressableAssets.DataEntry value) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/Dictionary.cs:404)
    3. UnityEditor.AddressableAssets.BuildScript.PrepareRuntimeData (Boolean isPlayerBuild, Boolean isDevBuild, Boolean allowProfilerEvents, Boolean forceRebuild, Boolean enteringPlayMode, BuildTargetGroup buildTargetGroup, BuildTarget buildTarget) (at C:/Users/Vergil/AppData/Local/Unity/cache/packages/packages.unity.com/com.unity.addressables@0.1.2-preview/Editor/Build/BuildScript.cs:236)
    4. UnityEditor.AddressableAssets.BuildScript.OnEditorPlayModeChanged (PlayModeStateChange state) (at C:/Users/Vergil/AppData/Local/Unity/cache/packages/packages.unity.com/com.unity.addressables@0.1.2-preview/Editor/Build/BuildScript.cs:54)
    5. UnityEditor.EditorApplication.Internal_PlayModeStateChanged (PlayModeStateChange state) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorApplication.cs:293)
    6. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)
    Followed by:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Exception: Unable to load runtime data.
    2. UnityEngine.AddressableAssets.InitializationOperation.OnDataLoaded (IAsyncOperation`1 op) (at C:/Users/Vergil/AppData/Local/Unity/cache/packages/packages.unity.com/com.unity.addressables@0.1.2-preview/Runtime/InitializationOperation.cs:29)
    3. UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.AsyncOperationBase`1[UnityEngine.AddressableAssets.ResourceManagerRuntimeData].InvokeCompletionEvent () (at C:/Users/Vergil/AppData/Local/Unity/cache/packages/packages.unity.com/com.unity.resourcemanager@2.1.0-preview/Runtime/AsyncOperations/AsyncOperationBase.cs:208)
    4. UnityEngine.AsyncOperation:InvokeCompletionEvent()
    And on:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Exception thrown in DynamicInvoke: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Exception: Unable to load runtime data.
    2.   at UnityEngine.AddressableAssets.InitializationOperation.OnDataLoaded (IAsyncOperation`1 op) [0x00011] in C:\Users\Vergil\AppData\Local\Unity\cache\packages\packages.unity.com\com.unity.addressables@0.1.2-preview\Runtime\InitializationOperation.cs:29
    3.   at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[],System.Exception&)
    4.   at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x000d0] in /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222
    5.   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    6.   at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x000eb] in /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:232
    7.   at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] in /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MethodBase.cs:115
    8.   at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl (System.Object[] args) [0x000b9] in /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System/Delegate.cs:443
    9.   at System.MulticastDelegate.DynamicInvokeImpl (System.Object[] args) [0x00018] in /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System/MulticastDelegate.cs:71
    10.   at System.Delegate.DynamicInvoke (System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System/Delegate.cs:415
    11.   at UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.DelayedActionManager+DelegateInfo.Invoke () [0x0000e] in C:\Users\Vergil\AppData\Local\Unity\cache\packages\packages.unity.com\com.unity.resourcemanager@2.1.0-preview\Runtime\Util\DelayedActionManager.cs:45  0 (target=UnityEngine.AddressableAssets.InitializationOperation result = False, status = None, Valid = True, canRelease = False) InitializationOperation.OnDataLoaded(UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.RawDataProvider+InternalOp`1[UnityEngine.AddressableAssets.ResourceManagerRuntimeData] result = , status = Failed, Valid = True, canRelease = False) @0
    12. UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.DelayedActionManager:LateUpdate()
    @audrey-unity Any ETA on multi-scene support? I'd really like to use Addressables, they're invaluable for my project.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
  2. PaulBurslem

PaulBurslem

Unity Technologies

Do you have multiple asset groups with the same name? From looking at your callstack that would explain the error you are seeing. I'll make a note to add better error handling and warnings in this area as well.

3. xVergilx

xVergilx

Not really. I've rolled back the changes quite some time ago, but as far as I remember, there was like only one group.
    I haven't changed much in terms of default settings of asset bundling.

My wild guess on what's going on is that assets have pushed multiple times to the dictionary for some reason when there's multiple scenes loaded.

Why not just assign values to the keys ignoring checks? Like:
    Dictionary[key] = Value;

It would update existing keys, and get rid of the errors as well.
    As for the extra checks, they could be performed inside conditional method.
    Warning should be sufficient, unless there's some reason behind not assigning possible duplicates.

4. PaulBurslem

PaulBurslem

Unity Technologies

We found an issue with duplicate entries in resources folders that can cause this - the fix will be in the next release (eta early next week).

LaerdalHH likes this.
  5. LaerdalHH

LaerdalHH

Should it be available now ?

I'm still on 0.1.2-preview and I have the same exceptions and stacktraces

6. unity_bill

unity_bill

release 0.2.1-preview is now out, that was the one Paul had been referring to. Please try on this release and let us know if there's still any problem.

Thanks,
    Bill

7. LaerdalHH

LaerdalHH

Seems to work here