Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Normal map generator tool?

Discussion in 'Formats & External Tools' started by BenH, Jul 18, 2007.

1. BenH

BenH

I just started using C4D (and mac) and was wondering if there was a normal map generator plugin for it. If not, is there a program like Melody http://developer.nvidia.com/object/melody_home.html for mac? Thanks

I basically want high detail with low poly (don't we all)

2. Alpha-Loup

Alpha-Loup

Hi!

Well, you can get a free normal mapper for Mac here:

http://zakariya.net/shamyl/etc/NormalMappr.app.zip

and if you are using Cinema 4D Release 10 you can use the texture baking function of the advanced render modul to create normal maps inside Cinema itself.

I hope this helped.

Frank

3. BenH

BenH

Thanks for the link. Also, I am just getting familiar with c4d r10, and there are a CRAZY amount of features :D . I will definitely try the "bake texture" function, thanks. There is also a "bake object" function that might be interesting also. I'll try to figure that stuff out today. Btw, c4d is very impressive!

4. Alpha-Loup

Alpha-Loup

I hope to see some cool results then soon ;) Feel free to ask, if you are stuck.

And yes, C4D is quite an impressive tool. I most like the all-in-one features of modelling and painting. The workflow ist fluid and everything is easy to access. It still lacks some functions for game-development, but the guys at maxon are willing to listen and always try to integrate suggested functions as needed by their customers. Multiple UV-Sets for example is one thing on wich they are currently working...

If you havent already, i would recommend to upgrade to R10.111
    There have been lots of little issues removed!

5. BenH

BenH

Thanks. I'll post some screens when I get something respectable into unity.