Search Unity

Resolved Normal builds not working on itch.io

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by puddleglum, Oct 6, 2021.

1. puddleglum

puddleglum

my issue is normal builds of my game are not working on itch.io the only builds that work are developer builds. however the developer build opens a console ingame which i would like to remove. how do i either upload a normal build or get rid of the consol (im kinda new and its probobly realyl simple i just cant figure it out)

2. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

Open the browser console (not your in-game console!) and see if there are any useful errors being thrown.

ALSO: does it work if you serve it locally on your own system to your own browser?

3. puddleglum

puddleglum

normal builds to work localy but they get stuck at 9/10 loading screen when i upload them to itch. the consol errors are nullref and cant really be fixed without rewriting my scripts also they dont do anything they fire once whenever the plyer enters a new scene

4. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

Is it just script execution order?

5. puddleglum

puddleglum

uh kindof. every time they load a scene the player object also changes so i run a gameobject.find if the player var in the script is null but the script itself never actualy gets dissabled so for a single frame the variable is null because its looking for the player but it hasnt been enabled yet also ik gameobject.find is really bad but since im only running it once every scene i thought it was fine

Edit: i fixed the error

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
  6. Zephus

Zephus

As far as I know it's not possible anymore to use WebGL builds with default settings on itch.io or any webspace that doesn't have a server with very specific settings enabled. What you could do is activate 'Decompression Fallback' in Player Settings -> Other Settings. At least that works for getting them running on my webspace.

IamUnibrow and Vazkuz like this.
  7. puddleglum

puddleglum

ok ill build that see if it works (btw its publisher settings :p ik you probobly didnt have the screen infront of you and this is a usless edit lol)

and if i cant use webgl builds anymore is there anyway to actualy run a game online without coding it in js?

Edit: thank you, you saved my game lol that worked

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
    Vazkuz likes this.
  8. Vazkuz

Vazkuz

Thanks man! You also saved my game :)

puddleglum likes this.
  9. maximwhale

maximwhale

i changed the compression to gzip and i work now :)

thayanecarvalho3 and IamUnibrow like this.