Search Unity

noob stuck with adding text to billboard in "Billboard Face" tutorial

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by Jalethal, Oct 1, 2020.

1. Jalethal

Jalethal

MeganRevita and egedinnen like this.
  2. egedinnen

egedinnen

3. egedinnen

egedinnen

I found it!
    Someone called John Coletta found a way to do it. He says:
    TextMeshPro took me a while to understand. For those who are having trouble. Create a gameObject as a child to Billboard. Then add the TextMesh Pro component. From there resize it on the Billboard as you see fit. Happy learning!

stemsaleem likes this.
  4. stemsaleem

stemsaleem

I am not able to get this to work. When I place a Billboard object from the MOD Resources, there is a Billboard Content child object available. When I try to add component I have 3 options "TextMeshPro - Inputfield", "TextMeshPro - Text" and ""TextMeshPro - Text(UI)". when I try to add any of the above 3, it gives me an error message.
    Do I need to add "mesh renderer" first before I add anything else? I tried this...still didnt work.
    I am able to add "Text Mesh" after I add "Mesh Renderer", but I am not sure, if that is the right solution.

5. stemsaleem

stemsaleem

6. MeganRevita

MeganRevita

7. ThewHart

ThewHart

I'm having trouble with this as well.
    I see that someone posted how to do it, I tried the suggestion but it's not working for me. Is there any way to show a screenshot of how the hierarchy looks? I can not get this to work.
    Thanks for any help

8. MelvMay

MelvMay

Unity Technologies

And still, the 2D forum is NOT related to UI. The correct and dedicated forum for this is here.

JustJunuh likes this.